• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by c.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Flo orange On-Ones
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Can I assume that if I've seen a Flo Orange one it's a summer season?

My son want's something to ride and play on. He got his BMX nicked, he has an XC mountainbike that we can strip down and he has access to a crosser.
    So I'm looking for ideas for the best/cheapest/rideable/playfull frame and fork combo.
    The XC bike has a mix of XT gears, no name chainset, Deore discs, one good wheel and one cheap one, flatties. And I have got sitting about a CK headset and USE Atom carbon risers

oldgit
    Free Member

One hour into an On-One post and no reply. My oh my how things have changed.

sv

Like this?

oldgit
    Free Member

That's the colour. I couldn't get onto http://www.on-one.co.uk and I didn't want to assume just coz it's orange it's a Summer Season. There's an Orange whatever about locally so I might ask.

grumm
    Free Member

Yup all the orange ones are summer seasons. I built one up as a 'play' bike and it seems really nice but I've barely had a chance to use it. Not light though. 🙂

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Oldgit. Was it you that came through the car park at the end of church road just over a week ago on a Sunday morning and said a quick hello to someone before riding off on a cross bike? If so, I was the one with the flouro orange summer season. What you wanna know?

I think they do another orange coloured bike (456 or 29er, not sure), but it's darker, the only luminous one is the summer season.

sv
    Jase_MK
    Free Member

Just reading your original post again… Forkwise, I use mine with cheap 100mm Marzocchi forks and it works great. Plenty for Woburn and still suitably slack angled for being a bit of a hooligan on the steep stuff.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep that was me and that was you?
    If I see you I'd like a look over yours if that's alright. Initial worries were around the 66o head angle, but yours looks 'sensible'

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Yeah that was me. It's reasonably sensible, I've not come across any major downsides yet. It might be different with a massive fork though. The front end gets a little light on steep climbs while seated, but only a little and not enough so far to cause me any great grief.

I'm always there at 10, 11 and 12 on Sundays so if you happen to be passing then, feel free to take a look or take it for a spin round the block. If you want me to head up there a little earlier (like 9:30) or hang around after 12 for you to take a look then just let me know.

c
    Free Member

Oldgit – there's a little one on ebay with a decent buy it now. Not mine just thought you might be interested 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Good price that. Unfortunatly my 13 year old lad is much bigger than me. Going to need an 18"
    Only problem is that because he is still growing in height, his reach hasn't caught up yet

c
    Free Member

An 18" for a 13 year old 😯

I was hoping you would buy it so I can stop thinking about it 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Flo orange On-Ones’ is closed to new replies.