Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Flirting then – Good, Bad, Harmless Fun, or can only end badly?
  • hora
    Free Member

Flirting to me- is a smile, a compliment to a colleague, word-play. Asking for a cuddle as feeling down. etc etc.

binners

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah bless. The blokes in your office must be sick of the constant arms-outstretched, quivery-bottom-lipped ‘I’m feeling really sensitive today’ approaches by now Hora

Thats homo-erotic, bottom-fondling sexual harassment, more than flirting

mikey3’s ‘feeding the horse through the letterbox’ is a different ball game altogether 😆

Pyro

I got told off for flirting a while back – not full-on bo**ocking, just semi-joking “watch yourself” type telling-off – for some cracks I made with a pair of lovely, very pleasant and not-entirely-unattractive event medics. I wouldn’t even have considered it flirting, but maybe it was construed that way due to the innuendo content with people of the other sex that i’d only just met.

Perhaps it was the point where one of them, talking about us evolving from quadrupedal animals, said something along the lines of “we were born to be down on our knees”. I couldn’t help but guffaw, i’m afraid…

flange
    Free Member

I once ‘flirted’ with the girl who worked behind the counter in our staff canteen. When I say flirted, she said she’d seen me ride my motorbike into work and asked if I’d take her out on the back of it. I said I would, but never thought any more about it. That turned into getting abusive letters, birthday cards (the same card sent multiple times with with the content getting more and more irate) and facebook stalking of me, my friends and family until I had to get HR involved, deactivated my Facebook profile and changed my works mobile number. It was pretty horrible and was something that happened from a fairly harmless conversation that I’d immediately dismissed.

I’m very careful with what I say to people now, and whilst I remain chatty with people I know, I’m quite guarded with those I don’t.

And I’m an ugly b@stard, God knows what its like if you’re a looker…

hora
    Free Member

So by the sound of it she’d already clocked and fancied you. In her mind that conversation was the confirmation. She probably exchanged talk with you before but you saw it previously as worker/chat/serving- she didn’t.

I also imagine she royally strummed her invisible guitar over you quite a bit too. 😆

flange
    Free Member

😆 It was my steely 1000 yard stare after doing 120 miles from Suffolk to Bracknell that did it….

She was proper nuts though, she got her sisters to contact my brother and mates telling them that we were in love and that she planned to marry me. The last words I said to her were ‘ You’re not going to charge me for that extra toast are you?’ – not dissimilar to my first words which were ‘Have you got any spoons’….

Seriously, I know how to romance the ladies…

hora
    Free Member

She sounds like a typical STW’er…..a dabhand at inter-social skills 😆

Kryton57

Posted 3 hours ago # Report-Postbikebouy – Member
    Flirting eh.. well I’ve always been a little reserved TBH. …. I think I just can’t see the signs, I may have anti flirt glasses on or something cos’ colleagues have commented on girls that have flirted with me yet I’ve never noticed. I must be blind.
    Yet I like general banter, happy to giggle out loud with girls, so long as I don’t detect a political angle or some gerrymandering then I’m fine, as soon as I sense some overt communication signals I bow out gracefully and that’s the end of that

This. I even got burned accidentally when encouraged in the Summer of ’09 to join the office “party crowd” on a Friday night. Some typically drunken flirting must have gone on but to me it was Men Bahaving Badly style drunken humour. After one of the girls obtained a phsyco – posessive boyfriend, I got “fraped” by him via my comments on her facebook. When then talking to one of her (and at the time mine) office mates about it, I got somehow shoutingly-across-the-office accused of being wanton of her – becuase I slagged of said boyfriend. Before I new it I’d been accused of sleeping with her (she was party to this and annoyingly didnt deny it, despite being aware of my family situation) despite the fact the only time I crashed at her flat was in her lounge with 3 other office people as we’d all left a club at 4am.

Needless to say I immediately “left” said party group and left the (now obviously) shallow ones to themselves – all I ever wanted was to enjoy myself with a few beers. It just goes to show, even when you don’t try it on, apparantly you have done so :-/

Having my head down at my desk and having the office social politics replaced by STW had been a relief (mostly).

samuri
    Free Member

I really like flirting. It’s fun and you quickly work out who is doing it for fun and who is potentially more serious. It happens a lot less now I’m old but it’s still a nice tingle when it does happen. I’m telling you, those ladies in the retirement home are FOXES!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Flirting then – Good, Bad, Harmless Fun, or can only end badly?’ is closed to new replies.