Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Flirting then – Good, Bad, Harmless Fun, or can only end badly?
  • rkk01
    Free Member

So then, Boys & Girls, your thoughts, annecdotes and entertaining stories???

Is there a line between mild entertainment and big time trouble – I can tell that there is ;-). But do you even know how close the line is before it gets crossed?

Tell me what the alarm bells should sound like. And I don’t mean the kitchen smoke alarm because the bunny has boiled dry…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[ding dong]
    The train now arriving at platform 3 is…………

And Fatsimon to the forum please

[ding dong]

tazzymtb

think of it like shopping for bike bits: window shopping is fine, imagining how the item would work for you is fine, handling the goods is ok (just to see if it feels as good as it looks, you may find it has nasty plastic components that aren’t obvious at first), trying it is ok for a dry run, HOWEVER once you’ve ridden it and got it all mucky and gungy you can’t take it back!

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’ve mostly just let girls flirt with me over the years. Haven’t had tonnes but in five years I’ve probably had a dozen birds who have been more than a one off. Then there’s the floozies you invariably pull in clubs as a student. I never really went out of my way to flirt so to speak (I’m thinking of Hugh Grant type flirting)….just kind of wandered around clubs looking for eye contact and then just danced.

It’s worked well so far. Will probably actually have to try harder as I get older/lose hair.

My best line is Me: “Oh I’m studying Biomedical Science” Girl: “Do you want to be a doctor” Me: “Sure”

Then they look at you with big puppy eyes. Dice is loaded in your favour from there on.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Oh taz you say the sweetest things….

To the OP I feel we need a little more information on the situation in order to make a comment

yunki
    Free Member

Taz speaks the truth

emsz
    Free Member

where does flirting stop?

SaxonRider

Would pictures be of any use on this thread?

Houns

Flirting, and being flirted back to, is good for the soul

rkk01
    Free Member

tazzy – perfect analogy for the question. Each step in your bike component “assessment” is entirely reasonable in itself (applied to bikes, of course) – except having the mud at the end of the ride

Houns

It should never stop…

bwaarp
    Free Member

Flirting stops whenever I could lose my job, get accused of stalking, sexual harassment or incur the wrath of a 250lb Goliath of a rugby player.

Only some blokes can get away with proper out of the blue, cheeky as hell flirting. One of them is a friend of mine who has taken home incredibly beautiful Oxbridge students he talked to on the street…. once convinced am insanely hot stripper to go home with him for free….you know the deal….Hawkeye Pierce type of character.

legend
    Free Member

incur the wrath of a 250lb Goliath of a rugby player.

because he doesn’t like you flirting with him?

Moses

Flirting is like trying on clothes or testing electronics.
    There’s no harm done so long as you don’t get them wet.

bwaarp
    Free Member

because he doesn’t like you flirting with him?

Ha no, his female companion. It’s happened before.

rkk01
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    Would pictures be of any use on this thread?
    POSTED 9 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Errr, no. I’m far too handsome 😯

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The only thing I have found is that even that without flirting in any way shape or form, unattractive/overweight (usually both) ladies find my generally cordial and pleasant demeanour to be a sign I fancy them. Moral of this story? Be thoroughly unpleasant to anyone you don’t want to shag.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

…once convinced am insanely hot stripper to go home with him for free.

Um. Okay. And this is a good thing? 😯

maccruiskeen

incur the wrath of a 250lb Goliath of a rugby player.

Flirting with disaster

khani
    Free Member

I’ve been flirting with a young girl on the Internet lately, she’s only 15 but we’ve been getting on really well and last night I asked her to meet me…. she then told me she was a policewoman and in the CID,
    HOW COOL IS THAT AT FIFTEEN!!!!! 8)

allthepies
    Free Member

Khani earlier.

khani
    Free Member

You got me.. 😳
    Edit..no…its not me…I don’t wear glasses…..

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’ve been flirting with a young girl on the Internet lately, she’s only 15 but we’ve been getting on really well and last night I asked her to meet me…. she then told me she was a policewoman and in the CID,
    HOW COOL IS THAT AT FIFTEEN!!!!!

That did amuse me lol

tomhoward

At the risk of setting myself up for a serious ribbing….

I was working in a bar when I was a student and started flirting with one of the new barmaids, which was returned by her, things progressed, we started exchanging steamy text messages and stayed over at each others places after shifts (though nothing happened. Genuinely) This was over a period of maybe 3 months.

Anyway one day we’re at work, it’s mental busy and I start doing some glass collecting and replenishing the glasses behind the bar. As I’m doing such things my lady friend is in may way, so I put my hand on her hip and firmly moved her out of my way, I got a dirty look and an ‘Excuse me would be nice!’ but I though nothing of it.

Two days later I get pulled to one side buy my boss (and friend) for him to tell me that my lady ex friend has filed an official complaint of sexual harassment against me, saying I’d touched her ‘inappropriately’ on the night I’ve just described. I racked my brain to to think what I could have done and that’s all I could think of.

It really knocked me for six, I was pretty confident with women previous to this, flirted a lot but always new where the ‘line’ was (working with girls who get flirted at all night, you pick up what works and what gets you slapped) but I felt like I didn’t know the rules anymore so was/ am really shy around the ladies now, to the point that in the 9 years since that happened, I’ve had 2 short <6 months relationships and a 1 (well, 2) night stand. That time includes a 4 year dry spell in the sack (currently running at a year). I suspect this is because talking to girls scares the proverbial out of me because I don’t want to cross the ‘line’

Moral of this story, be carefull out there!

zokes
    Free Member

Um. Okay. And this is a good thing?

Sounds quite apealling for a one (or two) off…

Woody
    Free Member

Wow TH thats a sad (and very odd) story 😥

Flirting can be fun but I see some real pillocks at work who have no idea where the line should be drawn and are very lucky that they haven’t received complaints. My GF is the result of some very naughty flirting but it took an awful lot of very careful mutual probing (oooooeerrrr 😉 ) before any real line was crossed over.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Tom, start flirting again mate. Just don’t do it at work or if you do just keep it innocuous like asking the woman out for a drink after you’ve chatted. Just keep it casual like.

You can get quite far by just talking without innuendo or touchy stuff.

user-removed
    Free Member

TH – honestly, sounds to me like she got fed up waiting and eventually felt rejected and vengeful. Three months of flirting?! 😯 Possibly.

mikey3
    Free Member

I bumped into a girl i used to flirt with in work tonight,we had about 10 drinks together then walked home and tried to scale the fence to get into the old vetch field swansea,dont quite know how that happened but it was a good night.And now i,m covered in anti vandal paint with the vauge memory of a fumbled hook fingerded g spot inpection.Better than watching eastender i guess 🙂

Squidlord
    Free Member

Gosh, how romantic.

woffle
    Free Member

😯

paulosoxo
    Free Member

You got anti vandal paint on you whilst playing with her g spot? She sounds nice! 🙂

rkk01
    Free Member

There’s Swansea for you…!

leffeboy

You got anti vandal paint on you whilst playing with her g spot? She sounds nice!

What sort of girl wears anti-vandal paint? They must be scary in Swansea 😯

hora
    Free Member

Flirting isn’t bad for either sex as long as your single or not really committed to anyone no matter when someone says its harmless. Friendly, being friends, saying hello to someone is fine but when you go that little bit further and feel you’ve still got it, ‘Jane’ seems quite nice actually etc you are on a path that could twist your whole view/perspective on what is normal and not.

Plus…. especially with girls too much male attention means once a girls head has been turned, only a spade would turn it back again 😯

atlaz
    Free Member

You got anti vandal paint on you whilst playing with her g spot? She sounds nice!

Who says it was hers that was being played with eh?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Flirting eh.. well I’ve always been a little reserved TBH. I’ve never chased a girlie and always stood well back when mates have waded in with both feel. I’ve always seemed to be very very lucky when meeting girlies, all the ones I’ve met and had a relationship with have been absolutely smashing and good jolly hockey sticks, consequentially I’ve never had any problems with straying/wandering due to flirts, they’ve all been of good solid stock, me too.
    I’ve been stalked mind, and chased by girls, some don’t know when to just stop chasing, some seem hell bent on some sort of revenge when you turn down their advances, which I find quite disturbing. One in particular knew I was in a relationship that was solid yet pursued me to the point of sitting outside my house in her car watching mine and my partners movements, scary.
    Work flirts are so off the scale, never done, never will, never acknowledged a flirt, I think I just can’t see the signs, I may have anti flirt glasses on or something cos’ colleagues have commented on girls that have flirted with me yet I’ve never noticed. I must be blind.
    Yet I like general banter, happy to giggle out loud with girls, so long as I don’t detect a political angle or some gerrymandering then I’m fine, as soon as I sense some overt communication signals I bow out gracefully and that’s the end of that

psling
    Free Member

Maybe I’m a bit old-fashioned in my interpretation of flirting but most of the posts above seem to be referring to ‘chatting-up’ rather than flirting, in other words the intention is to ‘pull’. To my mind, flirting isn’t about pulling, there is no intention to take it any further. So, in that respect, as long as both parties do actually respect the parameters it is totally harmless. If either party oversteps the boundary, trouble will most likely eventually follow. Plus, even if the flirters and flirtees respect the boundaries, their partners probably won’t recognise the same boundaries 😯

RustySpanner

To my mind, flirting isn’t about pulling, there is no intention to take it any further.

True.
    Even if you drive a Lada, no harm in flicking through the Ferrari brochure now and then.
    Or so my missus tells me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Flirting then – Good, Bad, Harmless Fun, or can only end badly?’ is closed to new replies.