Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Flintoff what an **** **** **** for trying to box – result & spoiler content
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well he won good on him, where did all the naysayers go?

nukeproofriding
    Free Member

I’m still calling BS on him. He fought shitty, he just didn’t fight quite as shitty as the other bloke they pulled out of retirement to fight him. It was probably fixed from the beginning anyway. /rant

Pigface
    Free Member

I am a naysayer and that was a crap fight, Freddies missus is easy on the eye though 😉

warton
    Free Member

good on him for doing it, but that ‘pro’ wants to be ashamed of himself…. getting into the ring with a belly like that???

wrightyson
    Free Member

Roll on the next fight I say as he still has a 100% record …

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Well he hasn’t chosen to go down the normal route for a retired cricketer, which is to go on strictly come dancing…

M6TTF
    Free Member

I read on twitter that mcguigan said he was shit, but the other guy was really shit

tarquin
    Free Member

Good on him, must take some balls to even get up and try to box someone else, not something I would put my hand up for.

lister11
    Free Member

I read somewhere that 2 of the other guys fights ended with him knocking his opponents out. Plus shot 4 times in the back and prison time for assualt.

Sounds a bit rowdy and definitely not someone I’d wanna fight, whatever his conditioning.

Good on him.

neninja
    Free Member

It should never have been a ‘pro’ fight.

He’s made his point and should slip quietly away now.

michaelbowden

Have any of you watched the programe that sky is running about it? He may not be the next Mike Tyson but he has puit a massive amounbt of work in over the last 8 months. I say good on him, a good result for someone who’d never boxed before.

ads678

Put him up against Audley Harrison next, he should maintain his 100% record!!

elzorillo
    Free Member

I’d hazzard a guess that the people saying he was rubbish have never seen a ring let alone understand the training and bottle needed to get in one.

I admit it was plainly obvious he had never boxed before, but he’s got balls, and for that reason alone I congratulate him him.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hardly someone ‘pulled out of retirement’:

The unbeaten Dawson did not have much more experience in the ring himself with just two previous outings against opponents without wins, and he gave away five inches to the taller Flintoff while carrying in almost an extra two stone in weight.

So two rank novices fighting each other. Seems like a fair match no?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I’d hazzard a guess that the people saying he was rubbish have never seen a ring let alone understand the training and bottle needed to get in one.

I’d say Barry mcguigan is quite well placed to comment

taxi25
    Free Member

Just watched it now. Seemed a good match both pretty inexperienced but well up for it. Well done Freddy seen worse fights and worse boxers. 😀

glupton1976
    Free Member

It takes a lot of bottle to go toe to toe with someone who is wanting to knock you out. He’s done well to just go into the ring.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Credit for getting in the ring, but the quality was absolutely hopeless, I’ve seen far better standard ‘white collar’ bouts. Whilst Freddies inability to throw a right hand was excusable, I’m struggling to understand how the other guy had won his first 2 fights…by knockout. Makes a total mockery of professional boxing (more so than last nights fight).

As for taxi’s comment about having seen worse…are you refering to this chap per chance?

Bad Boxing

Listen to the commentator when the chap gets knocked out…always makes me chuckle

seosamh77
    Free Member

That was a terrible fight, he’ll get knocked out if he goes against even a mediocre fighter. He should retire on a high is my instinct.

Cougar

I didn’t watch it and have no interest in boxing, but,

Since when has “hmm, I’ll try something different” been a bad thing? Fair play to him, I wouldn’t have done it.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    I didn’t watch it and have no interest in boxing, but,

Since when has “hmm, I’ll try something different” been a bad thing? Fair play to him, I wouldn’t have done it.never said it was a bad thing, but watch the fight and you’ll see where we’re coming from.

Cougar

I’ll take your point on faith. I don’t care that much. (-:

stevewhyte
    Free Member

All the stw hard men fighting experts out in force I see. Would love to watch you all in he ring with Freddie, I wager you would get your arses kicked up an down the ring and be crying for your mummy after 60 sec.

Cougar

Just caught a clip on the news.

I see what you mean. Looked less like a boxing match and more like the sort of thing you see in a town centre at chucking out time.

Cougar

wager you would get your arses kicked up an down the ring

That seems a fairly logical conclusion when comparing regular people to a professional sportsman who’s spent the last four months getting in shape, yes. Well done.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Even cougar wants in on the action, pmsl.

Cougar

Eh?

Have your pills run out?

davidjones15
    Free Member

All the stw hard men fighting experts out in force I see. Would love to watch you all in he ring with Freddie, I wager you would get your arses kicked up an down the ring and be crying for your mummy after 60 sec.

But with 4 months training and McGuigan as my trainer and it’d be a different story, oh yes.

bigad40
    Free Member

Freddy rules.
    I want to see a pro paddle boat race with vodka red bulls.
    Oh hang on he’s done that.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Great how he was overweight most of his cricketing career and when sky offer him big money to become a boxer he loses it all

stevewhyte
    Free Member

He defiantly took his training more seriously for his bout.

He clearly has a good time regardless, fair play to him.

mooman
    Free Member

Begs the question – how did the BBBof C licence him?

He had absolutely no idea how to throw a right hand correctly. Just relied on pushing the jab out and swinging the right hand like a 14yr old girl slapping her boyfriend.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

how did the BBBof C licence him?

Nothing to do with my BBB by the way. Did i mention that it is on the August bank holiday weekend so an extra day of fun next year 😉

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Lols their back.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Those commenting on his weight should be aware of his struggles with eating disorders in the past. It’s surprising what some people seemed to be expecting from a first pro fight. Good luck to him.

tpbiker
    Free Member

umm, please tell me what that has got to do with anything? Remarkably enough you don’t need to be a ‘hard man’, nor have ever been in the ring to know quite a bit about the sport. And I think whilst many will give Freddie his dues that he had the balls to give it a go, anyone who regularly watches boxing knows that the quality in that bout was shocking. If you disagree with that then I’m afraid you don’t know f all about the sport.

If that had been an amateur bout then fair enough, but it was a licensed pro bout, against a pro boxer with 2 wins to his name. Thats a fairly damning indictment on pro boxing if you ask me.

superlurch
    Free Member

Freddie can do no wrong.

If he did a shit in an old ladies hat, I’d still love him…

😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

If that had been an amateur bout then fair enough, but it was a licensed pro bout, against a pro boxer with 2 wins to his name. Thats a fairly damning indictment on pro boxing if you ask me.

Fortunately everyone involved in it didn’t ask you. As he a tally won the bout I would say they got it pretty much spot on. I guess if you don’t see tat then perhaps it’s you who knows now how is it you put it, ‘f all about the sport’

Happy days.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Fortunately everyone involved in it didn’t ask you. As he a tally won the bout I would say they got it pretty much spot on. I guess if you don’t see tat then perhaps it’s you who knows now how is it you put it, ‘f all about the sport’

If that was written in English I’d assume you meant ‘as he actually won the bout’?

Do you watch much boxing? Do you think that there was any quality or technique on show in that bout. And if so please explain at what point.

Freddie Fight

Yes he did win, he had no technique, no footwork, and prior to 8 months ago, had no boxing exp whatsoever. Yet he won against a ‘pro’ with 2 wins out of 2 fights to his name. Please tell me in what other sport would a ‘pro’ be beaten by a complete novice with zero technique? Thats not a criticism of Freddie, but it reflects very poorly on the sport.

And given the general consensus on the boxing forums I frequent is in agreement with me, I’ll take your feedback on my boxing knowledge with a pinch of salt.

mooman
    Free Member

tpbiker – Member

Exactly. It was a pro fight. 😳

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Flintoff what an **** **** **** for trying to box – result & spoiler content’ is closed to new replies.