Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Flintoff what an **** **** **** for trying to box – result & spoiler content
  • brakes
    Free Member

stevewhyte pwned

tpbiker
    Free Member

fight

oops previous link didn’t work for those that haven’t seen it.

Maybe he could have a bout with Kevin Walmsley, the Kiwi Cricketer who sparked James Cracknell in a charity contest a while back. Could be interesting!

New Zealand Boxer

monkey_boy
    Free Member

load of bollox, totally made for tv prank.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can someone explain to me what ‘pro’ means in boxing?

How is an Olympic fight ‘amateur’ and Ferdie’s first ever fight ‘pro’?

nealglover
    Free Member

……totally made for tv prank.

Was it the fact that there was a TV program made covering the training and build up, and the fight was shown as part of a TV program that led you to that conclusion ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Would you do it? Could you win or fight better?

No. Keyboard warriors indeed.

nealglover
    Free Member

No.
    No.
    And No.

🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Pro. Professional,. Paid for. By inference, one would assume a reasonable standard of competence for the pay, but in these days of media circuses, I suppose if they get away with it, they.d pay Susan Boyle to get in the ring. She would then be a professional, no?

DezB
    Free Member

I liken it to a soap star going into the music biz and getting a recording contract, just cos they are a celeb.

He was pretty rubbish and actually got chinned and knocked down cos his defence was so poor.

Reminded me of the old Tough Man fights, which was about the standard.

Still, the real boxer on the bill, David Price was impressive.
    As was Austin Trout beating Miguel Cotto the next day. That’s proper boxing.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s no different from the series JLC did when he trained at different things and then competed
    (Bowling/Darts/Surfing etc)

It’s just that because it was Freddie and Sky involved, they went a bit further with it.

I can’t see why people have such a problem with it really.

He’s a bloke living the dream, making great money, doing stuff he enjoys doing, living a nice life and doing stuff.

Maybe that’s the main reason some people don’t like it 😐

bwaarp
    Free Member

Next up……Valentino Rossi playing professional Rugby.

yunki
    Free Member

it’s a spectacle innit.. entertainment same as it ever was and ever will be..

bring back the fairground boxing booths

stevewhyte
    Free Member

You numpties still going on about this, get over it.

* beware typed on an iPad hence may have typos due to predictive text type and tpbiker finds it hard to understand and reduces to cheap insults to try and justify his chat! 🙄

grum
    Free Member

Not watched this but it couldn’t be much worse than the last ‘pro’ boxing match I watched (think it was a Ricky Hatton one from a while ago).

Tim
    Free Member

this is better 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwy4nT16VAk[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

Put him up against Audley Harrison next, he should maintain his 100% record!!

For a brief second I thought you wrote Ainsley Harriot.

ransos
    Free Member

No. What’s your point?

alexathome
    Free Member

Tim – Member

this is better

Thanks Tim, that was the best thing I have seen in years, fantastic! 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

konabunny – Member
    Put him up against Audley Harrison next, he should maintain his 100% record!!

For a brief second I thought you wrote Ainsley Harriot.

Pmsl, that’s great.

mooman
    Free Member

Pro boxing/proffesional boxing. Generally means you are licensed by the BBB of C.
    These being the accepted governing body.
    There is however unlicensed pro boxing. These are usually guys refused a license for different reasons. Criminal background a bit too savoury, failed the medical etc.

The uproar about Flintoff being fully licensed was that he had no previous fight experience and isnt even a youngster. In circumstances like this the board inspect him sparring to see how he does.
    And as he showed in his fight ….he was terrible!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Flintoff what an **** **** **** for trying to box – result & spoiler content’ is closed to new replies.