• This topic has 13 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nigew.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Flights to Van – Airtransat etc no longer direct?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Am I missing something or do none of the cheap flight providers do direct to YVR now?

survivor

The few flights I’ve had over there have always stopped in Calgary. This is over 10 years so not recent.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

https://www.expedia.com.au/Flights-Search?trip=roundtrip&leg1=from:London,%20England,%20UK%20(LON%20-%20All%20Airports),to:Vancouver,%20BC,%20Canada%20(YVR),departure:11/07/2017TANYT&leg2=from:Vancouver,%20BC,%20Canada%20(YVR),to:London,%20England,%20UK%20(LON%20-%20All%20Airports),departure:25/07/2017TANYT&passengers=adults:1,children:0,seniors:0,infantinlap:Y&options=cabinclass%3Aeconomy&mode=search&origref=www.expedia.com.au
    Quick check – depends where you’re leaving from, certainly options via LHR as always – I generally use expedia just to uncover what is there

Coyote
    Free Member

Flown from Manchester to Vancouver on a number of occasions. First time in 2001 did involve a stop in Calgary but not since then, always been direct. Last time was in 2011 mind.

colp

Flew Manc/Van direct both ways last Summer, not looked at this year.

AlexSimon

Maybe seasonal. When I looked they started in May from Manchester

AlexSimon
    john_drummer
    Free Member

I’m going Manchester to Vancouver direct later this year. They’re just not every day

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I normally fly manchester direct but they all seem to want to stopover anytime in july/aug

13thfloormonk

I twice suffered ‘unscheduled’ stopovers in Calgary, I think they make a call based on how full the flight is and how many Calgary-Vancouver passengers there are?

Bit of a stinger when you’re sat on the runway for 1.5hrs waiting for crew to change and new passengers to board, worth it for the £450 return trip to YVR though!

colp

I normally fly manchester direct but they all seem to want to stopover anytime in july/aug

Keep trying different days of the week

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Interesting – this happened on our return, rescheduled stop at Calgary.

It was a total PITA – If I go again this year i’ll be going with someone else to get a direct flight.

chrismac

Lasts summer we flew Gatwick Vancouver direct on Westjet.

nigew
    Free Member

A group of us are flying direct from Manc to Vancouver on Fri 21st July, surely we can’t have filled it 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Flights to Van – Airtransat etc no longer direct?’ is closed to new replies.