Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Fleabay Fee's Question
  • chunkymonkey
    Free Member

If I were to put my bike up on a Buy It Now option at £1750, what sort of fee’s would I have to pay if the buyer use’s Paypal?

Not a great fan of Ebay but thinking I may get a couple of hundred quid or more if I sold on there.

Drac
    kaesae
    Free Member

eBay is run by a bunch of thieving scumbags, used to be 3 to 4% for larger more valuable items, recently everyone got an email notification saying, we’re making our fee’s easier to understand the cost is going up from 3 to 4% to 10%

It’s easy to understand alright, you worthless thieving scum, the same war mongering, drug dealing assholes, who have their fingers in banking, insurance, pharmacueticals and all of the other dodgy shit now own ebay.

You should avoid the place if you can, if not get some kind of lube ready, without it you might just end up in A+E with a sprained anus 😯

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Guys. Just done a quick calculation and it’s well over £100 in fee’s if I sell it at that price. I’m thinking now I’d rather drop it a hundred quid or so and try to sell on here instead.

kaesae
    Free Member

If you decide to go down the ebay route make sure to check the actual amount before listing, it tells you at the end just before you list your item.

Also listing it on ebay and selling it on ebay are two different things, you could simply put in the listing contact me for a possible discount and put in your email address.

On top of that you could also say to the buyer, hey you only get 45 days to make a claim, how about you test and check the bike and I give you £10 and you cancel the ebay listing once you’re happy.

Those **** ers at ebay are thick as pig shit from a constipated pig, all they’re doing is losing business and sending it to their competitors.

I had a go at them not long ago and one of the assrags said: we’re the best. reply: Toss on!

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Cheers Kaesae, think I’ll leave the Ebay ‘route’. As mentioned, I’m not keen myself but don’t quite have the pent up anger that you do 😉

kaesae
    Free Member

I recently went on to sell a Trek Remedy frame 09 as it was too big for me slightly, I really want a Trek frame remedy or Fuel new style, mmmmmm.

Get’s to the very end of the listing and they want £47 for something I’m selling for £469.99, so I had to figure out a way to sell it without them getting a penny.

Those are the ideas I came up with, Remedy frame sold ebay getting £0.00 and I now have £500 for my new frame, when I eventually find one.

I’m passionately against ebay these days and always happy to help other riders understand their options, the less money those **** **** **** **** at ebay get, the better!

Good luck selling you frame 😀

Drac

So you gladly use Ebay’s massive selling and searching power but won’t pay for it. If you don’t like them just don’t use them at all as they’ll get advertising payments from the people looking at you goods too.

kaesae
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    So you gladly use Ebay’s massive selling and searching power but won’t pay for it.

Yes I **** ing do, no I **** ing won’t!

If you don’t like them just don’t use them at all as they’ll get advertising payments from the people looking at you goods too.

I don’t have any choice at the moment, working on fixing that though.

They became my enemies when they decided to treat me unfairly and have a detrimental affect on my life quality of life, I have nothing but contempt for FeeBay!

ilovemygears
    Free Member

sold my frame on there last night, feel riped off 🙁

kaesae
    Free Member

Needs must, discuss it with the buyer, see if they will cancel the transaction, if you send out a paypal invoice and state the condition of the bike, they have all the same coverage as ebay but without the fee’s.

They’re objective is to take your money anyway they can, your objective is to keep it 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fleabay Fee's Question’ is closed to new replies.