Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • fitness instructor courses
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

right chaps and chapettes, as some of you may know i’m a psych nurse and as many of you will know; there’s a strong link between exercise and improving one’s mental health/mood/motivation/weight/diabetes management etc etc etc.

i presented the idea of doing some kinda personal trainer type qualification to my MD this morning and he seemed quite interested. but typing ‘personal trainer courses’ into google doesnt help me much as its pages and pages of distance learning, 6 week courses and other stuff that doesnt look too trustworthy.

Can anybody offer me some advice on good courses, reputable courses… any advice really?

the cost of the course will be a factor for the MD i guess, as will the amount of time it takes out of my working week… i can’t see a problem with me working on coursework whilst at work and i’m willing to put in the hours outside of work also.

thanks for any help!

xx

EDIT – i work in Reading if that helps!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Have you tried asking at your gym?

Or searching for Personal Trainer Qualification?

I’m thinking of becoming a yogi.

philconsequence
    Free Member

asking at the gym is a good idea… might swing by on way home. asking anything at 6:30 in the morning is a silly idea as the gym instructor people all seem zombified

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    toab
    Free Member

The person responsible for training of fotnes instructors for the reading sports centres used to be based at the meadway sports centre (not far from Ppark which i guess you know of). You could also try talking to the community physios as i think they a lot of general fitness stuff as part of their rehabing.

philconsequence
    Free Member

excellent, thank you 😀

jonny-m
    Free Member

Google premier training and choose one of their courses. Competitively priced, very well run and plenty of locations.
    I’ve done 8 fitness type courses with them so far so well qualified to recommend.( pm me if you do decide to go ahead and book as if you mention my name on the enrolment form I’ll get a free course)!!!

meehaja
    Free Member

My wife looked into getting a gym in the secure unit she worked in and insurance was prohibitive, but she’d also have to be a qualified instructor. I don’t know how you’d go into being one, but the best people to ask would be in a local gym (who might also be able to help). Also maybe speak to physiotherapists if you have any on site, as I know a few who have gone that direction..

saleem
    Free Member

You have to do the gym instructor level 2 course which can be done fast track 2 weeks, then you can do the personal trainer course level 3, you can’t do PT without level 2, CYQ is good £680 at most places, premier charge £1000 for the level 2, level 3 can be done on a one night course for 32 weeks(3 terms). It’ll also help that you’ve probably done A&P. Hope that helps.

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers saleem 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘fitness instructor courses’ is closed to new replies.