Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • fish finger sandwiches.
  • crush83
    Free Member

This raised its head in another topic on here.

So what is the best combo / toppings / formation of this sandwich?

mine is 2 butterd slices of white bread with 3 fish fingers and tommato ketchup all sliced verticaly!

BikePawl
    Free Member

My favourite is peanut butter, chilli sauce on one piece of buttered bread and mayonaise on the other, then either three or four fish fingers(depends on size of bread). I’ll sometimes have some cheese as well in there.

mtbfix

Breaded fish in bread? Wrong. I had one a few weeks back (popping my fish finger sandwich cherry) on buttered bread and ketchup. It was horrid. I wonder whether a more seafood friendly sauce would be an improvement?

tomhoward

Cheap white bread, some sort of spread (not real butter), as many breaded (the ‘oranger’ the better) fish fingers as possible (multiple layers are fine) and ketchup.

No cheese slices.

chewkw
    Free Member

Try smoked mackerel (the one from Waitrose with soy and honey) in pitta bread with hummus and some Tobasco chilli sauce. Just had two for lunch.

ChrisHeath

Cheap white bread, some sort of spread (not real butter), as many fish fingers as possible (multiple layers are fine) and ketchup.

No cheese slices.

Correct.

End of thread.

crush83
    Free Member

someone suggested salad cream . . . .

john_drummer
    Free Member

White sliced bread, butter, four or five fingers, ketchup. Nom nom nom

nbt

LOADS of butter, preferably sliced rather than spread

White bread

Ketchup.

ChrisHeath

I hope they were killed to death?

ThePinkster

Thick white bread, thick spreading of butter & ketchup with 5 fingers (need to be pretty rtightly packed though).

Heaven.

My mate reckons the only way to eat ’em is with brown sauce, which is just wrong.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It wasn’t me but I do agree – I love salad cream in my FF butties. I also like it mixed with tuna.

redx

White bread, spread, tartare sauce, pickled red cabbage, fish fingers…..

binners

Cheap white bread, some sort of spread (not real butter), as many fish fingers as possible (multiple layers are fine) and ketchup.

No cheese slices.
    Nearly, but not quite. The cheese single (cheap – to match the bread – preferably Warburtons Toastie) must be applied immediately onto the hot fish fingers so it melts satisfyingly

Poifect!

Try smoked mackerel (the one from Waitrose with soy and honey) in pitta bread with hummus and some Tobasco chilli sauce. Just had two for lunch.

Get out of this thread now! Stand in the corner! And have a think about what it is you’ve just said. Go on…. OUT! 😉

crush83
    Free Member

i wanna build this monster!

Wozza
    Free Member

No cheese slices.

Correct.

End of thread.

+1

My mates think they’re coming round for a curry tonight… they’re getting fish finger sangers now.

sunnrider
    Free Member

Whatever a professional chef tells you he cooks at home is a lie unless it´s f.fingers, heinz beans and bacon butties.
    The fridge is a place to keep your beer cold.
    …and the freezer is for the vodka bottle

philconsequence
    Free Member

thick slice of bread, real salted butter, apply hot fish fingers – hopefully cooked for that little bit longer than recommended so they’re crispy, ketchup, or if you’re feeling daring… sweet chilli sauce. then get that top slice on top so the butter melts.

if its got less than 4 fish fingers then you might as well slap the person who’s insulted you by making it.

kimbers

salad cream works well for me in a crusty bap with some lettuice

z1ppy

tomhoward – Member
    Cheap white bread, some sort of spread (not real butter), as many breaded (the ‘oranger’ the better) fish fingers as possible (multiple layers are fine) and ketchup.

I concur with this, cheese is unnecessary clutter

SiB
    Free Member

Thick sliced bread, butter on both, tomato sauce on one piece of braed and mayonnaise on the other, 4 or 6 FF, never an odd amount of FF, EVER.

Cant believe nobody has mentioned mayo, its FF own choice

tomhoward

Binners, I hear what you say, and your insistance that this is the future has me curious. Being the inquisitive chap that I am, I’ll give it a whirl.

Woe betide you if you ruin my fish finger butty with your left field cheese ideas…

+1 on the standing in the corner for the hippy wholesome offence to the great fish finger butty

zippykona

Toast it and load up ,load up with salad cream.
    If you are posh call them cod goujons and dunk them in chilli sauce.

loum
    Free Member

Gonna risk the wrath of the buttie makers, but fish finger and bacon on white bread. With butter, tommy k, and cheese.
    Bacon to be laid perpendicular to fingers.

ChrisHeath

with some lettuice

😯

crush83
    Free Member

i wonder if you could get a fried egg in there too?

then i could justify one for breakfast!

binners

My God loum!!! Why have I never thought of that?!!! Thats tonight’s tea taken care of then 😀

Tom. Give it a go. Essentials:

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Tartar sauce of course.

Do them under the grill for a bit then squash them into a toasty machine with a liberal helping of Colemans Tartar sauce.

WARNING, Tartar sauce heats up to 400 degrees centigrade in a toasty.

brakes
    Free Member

I have two versions:
    summer combo – white bap, cheese, mayo and cucumber
    not breakfast combo – granary bread, mayo, fried egg

mattbee

I can vouch for a fried egg in with 4 fingers and tommy k…

binners

Cucumber? CUCUMBER?!!!

Taff
    Free Member

I love fish finger butties but I’ve just discovered something new to have with it… peas!

peas cooked in the saucepan with tiny bit of water and chicken stock cube. Let it cook away for same length of time as the fish fingers then mash the peas a little so that the peas absorb the little bit of water and the knob of butter you’re about to put in there

MAGIC

tomhoward

There should be no greenery anywhere near a fish finger butty. Ever.

Cougar

I’m no expert, being a vegenematarian, but I thought established wisdom was Jenga?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I did a research paper for STW on this very topic… you can find it in the search function.

tomhoward

being a vegenematarian

Out. Now.

established wisdom was Jenga

Like your style. Welcome back.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Ketchup? With fish? Tartare sauce if you have it, salad cream if not. Never ketchup.

29erKeith
    Free Member

cheap white with some spread of some kind
    4/5 fish fingers mashed up in a bowl with plenty of brown sauce
    then spread said mush between the slices and consume

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

White bread.
    Flora.
    3 Birds Eye Fish Fingers.
    Tartare sauce.

I don’t object to some lettuce on occasion, but I know many do.

binners

Ketchup? With fish? Tartare sauce if you have it, salad cream if not. Never ketchup.

You’re heavily outnumbered here Mister P. And this is a very emotive subject! Be careful!

😉

29erKeith – that’s just wrong on every conceivable level 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘fish finger sandwiches.’ is closed to new replies.