Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • First car for a 31 year old IT nerd – something interesting a very bad idea??
  • peterfile
    Free Member

I have four cupholders, they’re ace!

The person in charge of cup/car interface design in my car has hopefully been executed.

When you push a button on the armrest in the rear, a two cup holder emerges (proper full height job). Great. However, I’m not often sat in the rear and there’s only one in the front, which means my girlfriend has to hold her coffee.

(the one time she thought it would be a good idea to store her coffee in the rear, I ended up wearing it)

/firstworldproblemrant

djglover
    Free Member

Actually, the biggest firstworldproblem I have with the 3 series is there is nowhere to rest your right foot when the cruise control is on

Which is annoying when you spend 8 hours a week on the motorway!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

djglover – yes I noticed that on my first long run in it! It’s a bit annoying!

I did fancy a 325 or 330 but couldn’t justify the economy given that a lot of my driving is trundling around town (the 2L is bad enough in this respect).

However the car is a lovely place to sit and eat up the miles..

hora
    Free Member

The person in charge of cup/car interface design in my car has hopefully been executed.

It seems the person who designed yours, was then executed before he could be employed to actually fit any cupholders into my car 😐

peterfile
    Free Member

Actually, the biggest firstworldproblem I have with the 3 series is there is nowhere to rest your right foot when the cruise control is on

Have you considered screwing a furry slipper to the footwell?

Once you’ve put cruise control on, slip off your right shoe and put your foot into the slipper.

Not sure how well this would work in practice.

bigG
    Free Member

my first car –

me 1/2 an hour after passing my test –

me 1 hour after passing my test –

Lesson learned = buy something slow for your first car….

hora
    Free Member

My first solo drive home, I’d borrowed a nearly new cream Mini cooper and had to park it in a multi storey carpark. No space on the ground floor, 1st floor….2nd..

My nerves were shredding with worry!

molgrips
    Free Member

just belting past lines of traffic on the A483 and A5

So that’s you is it, you ****?

The number of times I’ve looked to overtake and some arsehole in a BMW has been steaming up the outside forcing me to wait and miss the opportunity…. grr.. 🙁

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Of course the correct answer to this question is always ‘the best Golf GTI you can find within your budget’, ignoring any 4-cylinder mk3 and mk4 versions (5- or 6-cylinders is OK but going to be more expensive).

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Or a Porsche 944 if you want to learn how to drive a proper car properly.

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Stop tempting me dorset. If I had the money i’d love a 928. STupid stupid car.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Oh, just saw the bit about the OP getting a 3-series. Fair enough.

But now *I* want a 944, bah!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Think I’m going to try the home made cruise control foot cosy holder as suggested above.

I mean, what’s the worst that can happen?

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘First car for a 31 year old IT nerd – something interesting a very bad idea??’ is closed to new replies.