Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • First attempt at a self-filmed little movie from Woburn today…
  • timmys

My first attempt at a little self-filming. It’s very rare I’m out during the week so I thought I’d take advantage of the empty trails.

*Warning* over-biked, wok-smuggling, extreme jey-core in evidence. In its favour it’s very short…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLz_XzjrBTo[/video]

oldgit
    Free Member

I thought you said it would be short 😉

Classic Woburn. Is the first bit by the Moat?

timmys

Is the first bit by the Moat?

Nope, the first bit is from the “Empire Strikes Back” trail which I’m sure I’ve seen you mention previously so I think you know it. The rest is all of the “Transfer Line” in the play area.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yes I see it now.

kayak23

I quite liked it for a self filmed….

ampthill

I would never have recognised the empire strikes back, weird

Certainly shows how the video flattens stuff

I need to play more in the play bit

thanks for posting

flamejob
    Free Member

Nice. I think you need a Gorilla Pod though 🙂

JAG

Nice film – I particularly enjoyed the ‘out-takes’ 😆

simonralli2
    Free Member

Great little video and I am loving the look of those trails and woods 🙂

allthegearnoidea
    Free Member

How the hell were you ‘over biked’? I have seen full on downhill rigs there, & apart from the odd ladder drop I really couldn’t see the need.

Nice vid BTW.

alpin
    Free Member

nice little film… could quite easily have been longer, but i assume it was short because it was so cold whilst filming. why else would you be wearing elbow warmers?

jedi

i recognised the empire straight away. 🙂

timmys

I would never have recognised the empire strikes back, weird

Certainly shows how the video flattens stuff

I know! It wasn’t my aim to film myself today but after I did that first roll-down with the root drop a voice in my head said “I did that perfectly, pity no one was here to see it”, then I realised I had my phone in my pocket so I thought I’d have a go at filming it. Of course when I did it looked like the simplest bit of trail in the world!

How the hell were you ‘over biked’?

I thought I’d get in the digs myself before anyone else did 🙂 I’m sure I remember someone, who may or may not have already posted in this thread, saying they cycle all of Woburn on a cross bike and questioning whether full-suss bikes were responsible for the development of braking bumps on his favourite “climb”. 😀

jedi

all of woburn? interesting 🙂

timmys

why else would you be wearing elbow warmers?

Like I said it was a very spontaneous thing to start filming. If I’d set out to film myself and I might have remembered to take the Camelbak and pads off. If you’re asking why I wear the elbow pads it’s because the three times I’ve come off the bike seriously I’ve gashed my elbow, therefore I wear elbow pads now. Everyone else seems to wear knee pads but I’ve never hurt my knees. Maybe I’m falling off wrong.

timmys

i recognised the empire straight away.

I hope you didn’t recognise that I still can’t put my outside pedal down when cornering even after a year of trying since you coached me 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

all of woburn? interesting

Wonder if that was me?
    I certainly ride my crosser on everything ‘I could’ ride my MTB on. But Tony knows how and what I ride.
    It does flatten it though, I had to think twice about riding my crosser down there.

Bump stops? I know I moan about people digging on the natural trails.

jedi

i know timmys, i saw 🙂

Pook

I like that. Self filmed videos always require mincey walk outakes IMHO. Good stuff.

timmys

Bump stops? I know I moan about people digging on the natural trails.

I was referring to this, but strictly in a leg-pulling fashion. 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

That was fun reading that again :-)proper miserable sod aren’t I.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘First attempt at a self-filmed little movie from Woburn today…’ is closed to new replies.