Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Forecast for the weekend is poo: whats your plans?
  • BigJohn

I’ll be applying after sun lotion to the bits that caught it yesterday at sunny Llandegla.

DezB
    Free Member

Flying to Manchester. Meeting friends and going to see the wonderful Bj?rk perform. Can’t wait!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Was supposed to be going to Dalby to do a ‘TT’ with MTBG (one lap of the red route, flat out). Now have a doc’s appointment so it’s a no go 🙁

Haven’t even got any bikes in need of a strip/rebuild.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hehee, well as the weathers going to be on the wet and windy side I think I’ll take the 29er out and get muddy on Saturday morning, my OH is returning from a trip away in the afternoon so I guess we’ll occupy ourselves (OoohhhErrr) then off to my sailing club for supper. Sunday..hmmm, windsurfing probably if it’s anything W S/W and 20+knts I’ll be throwing some shapes in the air and flat landing no doubt. I do have a nice bottle of wine to kill off and as I’ve missed my Girl I think I’ll make a fuss of her..

Oh and the TdF is on, so if it’s peeing down we’ll be watching the Frank and Andy show.

philconsequence
    Free Member

why does the rain stop people riding? mud, slippy tyres and a great reason not to stop riding for too long 😀

pizza and good friends tonight, bbq tomorrow, riding sunday. beautiful.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The weather forecast keeps altering, but it looks like rain all weekend. But ride after work this arvo, drum n bass night tonight, ride tomorrow morning (maybe), shooting and a bbq at a mates tomorrow afternoon, town tomorrow night, probably a ride sunday.

Now its all written down it looks like it might be an ok weekend.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Spanner monkeying for my best mate who runs in British Supersport, so two days at Oulton Park for me…wahooooo!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rain never stops me, just other things to do. I’m more keen on MTB’ing in the rain though than Roadie’ing. I get a kinda kick looking down at mud splattered legs. Roadie’ing in rain is just dull unless you’ve already set off and then it rains or you are in the Doli’s/Alp’s/Pyr’s then it’s just amazing.. But here, hmmm well if the South Downs lanes are clear of run off from the fields it’s quite fun, but normally it’s just mud/puncture/mud/puncture hell with a little bit of cold trickle down the back of the neck.

Jamie
    Free Member

why does the rain stop people riding?

It never used to……but now I have a road though 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Just about to throw the bikes into the motorhome and head north for the weekend. Might visit Laggan.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I might start building my daughters Pompetamine if On-One deliver today – which I dont think they will 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

why does the rain stop people riding? mud, slippy tyres and a great reason not to stop riding for too long

Oh, the enthusiasm of youth 😉

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’m off here for the week (the moutnain bike chalet in Les arcs)

Will try and catch a stage of the tour as well

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Finishing off my bike shed on Saturday then riding on Sunday in gods own mountain biking area – the Surrey Hills, over biked of course 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

why does the rain stop people riding? mud, slippy tyres and a great reason not to stop riding for too long

I actually think I prefer wet muddy conditions. Anyway I leave wet condition tyres on one of the bikes year-round and it’s that bike that’s getting taken.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Who knows what the weather will be like, forcasters usually don’t.

philconsequence
    Free Member

its why you love me dezzy :mrgreen:

amedias
    Free Member

Forecast for the weekend is poo: whats your plans?

ride anyway but take a waterproof? seems to have worked OK in the past for me…

mustard
    Free Member

Stupid plan to ride from Edinburgh to North Yorks on the Rd bike on Saturday….

_tom_
    Free Member

It wouldn’t bother me so much if I had good local trails but I don’t really like getting up early, driving down 2 hours in the rain, having no confidence on wet roots, then driving back home knowing I have a bike caked in mud that then needs cleaning 🙁

The riding is alright though, it’s more the inconvenience of the rest of it! Anyway the forecast for FoD keeps changing so I’ll probably just go down anyway and hope for the best.

birky
    Free Member

Motorbike trial tomorrow afternoon. Forecast does indeed look rubbish.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Doing my first time trial tomorrow, no doubt in the pouring rain with a stupid early start. Sunday, either a 225km ride with 5000m of ascent with an equally horrible start time, or if i can’t get out of bed, something shorter.

trickydisco
    Free Member

DGOAB

Good luck.. Is it a 10/25? Fast course?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Thanks trickydisco 🙂 Its a 10 and meant to be a fast course – but i guess it depends on the usual howling gale up here! I’m a bit nervous about it having never done one before. Hows your racing going?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Sounds fun.. Get that aero position sorted. Makes a huge difference

Racing has dropped off a bit recently as i’ve been manically busy moving into a new flat. Need to sign up for some more road races as the season is coming to an end

Have plans to really push things in the winter and get really competitive next season. Will probably get into some track racing as well with the club

carlphillips
    Free Member

saturday D.I.Y (boo)
    saturday wet nite ride on east dartmoor (yay)
    sunday D.I.Y (boo)
    monday dartmoor ride (if i can cancel my patients) (YAY)

alexonabike

FoD but pushing. Mates are on the uplift. Might change the minions to swampthings…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Tricky, what are you planning to do over winter? I’m talking to idave about a training plan for racing next year. No chance of any winter track work up here for me since its an outdoor track 🙄

nickf
    Free Member

Coaching session with Jedi on Saturday for the whole family, Ridgeway on Sunday

ourmaninthenorth

Sat: Attending freinds’ BBQ. Plan is to ride over 50 miles-ish.
    Sun: decorating. I hate it, but it’s the only way to finish a room….

stabilizers

Kirroughtree, Dalbeattie, Mabie and Ae. In no particular order. It will be wet but it will be gggrrreeeaaaaattt!!!!

karen805
    Free Member

Tomorrow I’m walking the Beacon Horseshoe with my sister, Sunday will be spent as Ashton Court. Gotta chuck some housework in there somewhere too…

metal_leg
    Free Member

I am getting married. Outside. What is this rain you speak of?

superfli
    Free Member

Run, Bike and Kayak – Questars event all day Sat, so that will be filthy, which I dont mind too much. Its the Sunday I’m peeved off with, got our village cycle ride, which I’m doing with my son and wife and then BBQ party afterwards. Thats not going to happen in the rain 🙁

DJ
    Free Member

My fault the weather is crap this weekend as I’ve planned a group ride on the Quantocks for Sunday! The last 3 I have planned have been wash outs. Last year we had baking sun every time so swings and roundabouts I guess. Itching to try out the new frame – I’ll keep an eye out for Sharki in his tent!

flow
    Free Member

Call yourself a mountain biker? Stop being such a pussy and get out on your bike!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

It’s the weekend! What’s not to like!

(sorry to those that will be working)

kudos100
    Free Member

naked cardio on the turbo trainer.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Wake up. Look outside. Get disappointed that it is raining even though the forecast said it would. Regret not having wet-weather back-up plans. Spend rest of day in grumpy mood with house-bound ankle-biters sending blood pressure skywards…

…can’t wait 😆

jools182
    Free Member

Cholmondeley Pageant of Power

with my gore tex

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Forecast for the weekend is poo: whats your plans?’ is closed to new replies.