Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • First aid courses
  • inigomontoya
    Free Member

Has anyone here done the outdoor first aid course with first aid academy, need to renew my certificate and thought the course may be more interesting than the normal ABC stuff. If not any recomended outdoor/remote/mountain bike first aid courses in the midlands or Wales?

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I need to renew mine soon, I'd been looking at Bigfoot services in Brecon. REC 2 day (16 hr) course £150.

glenp
    Free Member

REC First Aid organised through CTC – might be worth enquiring if they intend running another any time soon. We went up to Llangegla to do ours, but that doesn't mean they won't run it elsewhere if there is demand.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Did mine with BASP (British Association of Ski Patrollers).

The knot tying took about 2 seconds, does it work, yes, move on.

Brilliant outdoor secenario role play and lots of, if you found this bloke wrapped round a tree and his bike down there what would you do (strip his bike and leave him for dead is not an acceptable answer, apparently)?

Mind you i did mine at Glenmore Lodge although i guess BASP will do them where there are ski areas.

druidh
    Free Member

BASP

holyhutzpa
    Free Member

I am in the same boat. I need it very soon, and hopefully near London. Does anyone have any suggestions?

GaryLake
    Free Member

I did a 2 day REC with Kath at Active First Aid: http://www.activefirstaid.co.uk/html/home.html

Can't argue with being trained by a member of probably the busiest Mountain Rescue team in the country (Llanberis)!

Really good, to the point, practical and brutally honest as well. Deffo renewing mine with her even though I'm in Bristol!

GaryLake
    Free Member

Oh and the scenarios at the end are brilliant, proper oscar winning performances in the group I did it with! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘First aid courses’ is closed to new replies.