Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • First 2010 sunshine ride!
  • albino
    Free Member

So good in so many ways….. No jacket, no thermals, no loss of feeling in my extremities, no getting bogged down in filth, no ridiculous amount of time spent cleaning bike/self, no warning from the missus to hose myself down before getting too close to the house, no wet shoes, no frozen socks, no impenetrable snow drifts

And yet at the same time it felt like something was missing…. No lonely winding empty trails, no neighbours watching incredulously as I get my bike sorted in -10 and freezing rain, no inability to breath in freezing air at the start of the ride, no nod of respect/admiration from the only other biker who passes by in the mist, no need for a piping hot post-ride cuppa.

Joy of filth??? Stuff it, bring on the summer!!

D0NK

'twas an excellent day for it, did a few miles in the lakes, still muddy at the end but not as bad as recent rides and i'd over done it with clothing but best solo ride of the year so far. hoping for more lovely weather soon. I cant wait for summer either

angryratio
    Free Member

I fitted kenda karma dry weather rubber and had a blast today.. only because i was sliding around on the bits that never ever seem to dry out.

Fun day though.

vrapan
    Free Member

Absolutely gorgeous both yesterday and today!

albino
    Free Member

Managed a couple of quick phone snaps as well. No bike content but hopefully a view of the type of skies we'll be seeing from now on!

chakaping
    Free Member

Fantastic weather today – but the local trails are still almost unrideable.

And as well as being really slow and sticky, they've also been carved up my MXers… to add insult to injury.

Bloody London clay. I want to live somewhere rocky.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

still got snow…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘First 2010 sunshine ride!’ is closed to new replies.