Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Fireworks….should they be banned?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I love guy fawkes by the way.. and we fully celebrate his intentions every year..

if only he’d succeeded

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I don’t think the general public should be aloud to buy fireworks, they are clearly a problem and every year someone is seriously injured either by handling them irresponsibly yobs or people being stupid with their family & friends fireworks party :roll:, I don’t see why people get so excited about the darn things, they are a noisy dangerous nuisance.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

This is a annual question, should they be banned?

It’s slowly spreading, and we now have “the firework season”. I expect it to creep further into the year.

IMO the letting off of fireworks other than 5th Nov and Diwali and possibly New Year’s Eve, should be banned. This includes organised displays, unless there are exceptional reasons. They should not be sold all year round.

I am totally pissed off with idiots letting them off any day, and at any time (I’ve had a whole barrage of explosions at 1am Monday morning – not even on the 5th)

It would allow apart from other things, for people to bring in their pets in for just the 2 or 3 days in the year, rather than for several weeks. It would also give wildlife (incl. birds roosting in trees) some respite.

If all that proves to difficult to enforce, they should be banned outright, and only be allowed at licensed events. The problems they cause outweigh their benefit imo.

Cougar

alcohol is dangerous
    cars are dangerous

Which is why the use of both of these things is controlled. Well, for some value of, anyway.

I can kinda see both sides of this argument. I like fireworks, but it’s like living in Beirut round here for a month or so before November 5th.

It occurs to me that a lot of problems in the world could be solved by the introduction of an “I’m not a nobhead” licence, but in the absence of this we already have something perfectly servicable here – an explosives licence (actually two if memory serves, one for use and one for storage).

I reckon that half the problem is that it’s too easy for idiots to go to ASDA and come away with 24 cans of Wifebeater and a catering pack of explosives. If an extra step was required – filling out a form is straight-forward but does at least require a small amount of literacy – then I think a lot of kids and thugs will go back to their dog-baiting and heroin-injecting, or whatever else it is that the scumbag-class do when they’re not queuing up for their free money at the Job Centre.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

As a means of castrating said Yobs…. No!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTFc-v22-SY[/video]

zokes
    Free Member

there is really no need to come out with direct insults insinuating that my existence is completely pointless.. are you 7?

I’m saying that no-one really enjoys you setting them off

Noone? at all, ever? Blimey – you speak for the world – best not let the Chinese know though, I guess they may have been mildly amused by fireworks, but perhaps they have never enjoyed them…

As an alternative to banning the sale of these pointless objects to the public.. you’re talking about educating a huge swathe of the population that think you’re a dick and would like nothing more than to force air bomb repeaters into your eye-socket because they honestly and quite rightly in their eyes cannot comprehend the point of your existence..

I am, and that would solve it. It’s easy to ban the symptom, much less so to treat the cause. Instead of simultaneously moaning about being insulted whilst insulting others, perhaps you may be able to reconcile those issues a little?

‘the joy of many’ that you speak about is sentimental bollo.. the total lack of ability to educate these kids is fact
    do the equation
    FFS

So educate them? 🙄

For the record, the joy of letting off a few fireworks responsibly is a darn sight more important to me than the existence of a moron on the internet who can’t figure out that it’s not the fireworks, more the education of the users that’s at issue. The greater irony being that in your own post you accept that it is indeed the user, not the fireworks themselves that are the issue.

Ban air – murderers and rapists breathe it, so it must be bad…

Cougar

it’s not the fireworks, more the education of the users

I don’t even think it’s that. Some people are simply asshats.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I can’t see any sensible argument or ideas forming on here not to have them only at controlled events and on certain days.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

If there was not any fireworks available for the yobs to but then that should solve the problem. Simples, so the fireworks are the problem.

yunki
    Free Member

zokes..
    you are indeed giving some very reasoned and rational responses.. your reading skills.. and your ability to completely ignore all key points for your own gratification and interpretation of what you read are also.. very.. errr.. imaginative.. and quite frustrating

were you drunk at the time of posting?

brilliant

EDIT: in the interest of continuing the debate on your level I should add that I like ducks and mermaids… does that help?

yunki
    Free Member

you’re talking about educating a huge swathe of the population chavs and yobs that think you’re a dick we the law abiding tax paying bike buying members of the public are the natural enemy for perpetuating the unfair state that keeps them poor and dissatisfied with life and they would like nothing more than to force air bomb repeaters into your eye-socket because they honestly and quite rightly in their eyes cannot comprehend the point of your existence..

does this clear up my statement a bit for you zokes..?

It should also help clear up

the total lack of ability to educate these kids is fact

Sorry if you thought I was resorting to insulting you… if you knew me you may understand that I find hurling online insults very demeaning.. not a trait that you’re familiar with..

And I know about the chinese… hence my need to point out that public use of fireworks is not suitable in modern British society

so now where were we..?
    can you sensibly and without repeating your inanities again answer the questions I asked..

mudmonster
    Free Member

I’m sure the government make a lot from the taxes, so they won’t get banned. A friend of mines dog was petrified for weeks on end. She had to give it some kind of pet valium on november 5th.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Fireworks….should they be banned?’ is closed to new replies.