Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Firearms (Scotland) advice needed regarding return of legally held property
  • dalesjoe
    Free Member

BASC are a great bunch in my experience. Maybe a little donation as a thank you! Glad you got it sorted.

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’d done a search to see what was happening with the April licencing and couldn’t find anything, which seemed a bit odd. But maybe it has finally dawned on someone the enormity of what they were trying to do and the benefit.

I bet though they’ll just soft-start it, and hope that in 5-10 years time by just clamping down on retail sales (plus pressure the UK Govt to put something in about sales to folk with Scottish addresses) that they’ll actually be able to ‘tick’ the licenced box.

I’ve found nothing as well although when they recieved the guns they were told to get them sold sharpish. No idea what they know that we don’t but I’ll be having a chat with an FO over the next few days as I was planning on taking at least one of the guns.

BASC are a great bunch in my experience. Maybe a little donation as a thank you! Glad you got it sorted.

I think after this it would be cheeky not to or take a membership out.

sands
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    I’ve found nothing as well…

Police Scotland (Published yesterday – 26 February 2016)
    Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015

Dates announced for air weapons licensing scheme

“Anybody who wants to use or own an air weapon, will be able to apply to Police Scotland for an air weapon certificate, or a permit in some circumstances, from 1 July 2016.

This gives users six months to get a certificate before new rules tightening access to air weapons, introduced in the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015, come into effect from 31 December 2016

squirrelking
    Free Member

Belated thanks, I was going to post on the day but was sent on gardening leave instead.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Firearms (Scotland) advice needed regarding return of legally held property’ is closed to new replies.