Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Finished pics of the shed.
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

**** me that xtracycle would be perfect for my unused frame & nexus wheel utility/pub/leave-at-mate’s-house-in-the-country-and-run-home project.

Stoner
    Free Member

it will probably be for sale….in about 4 yrs time when Jr Jr can ride all the way to the pub 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hope he doesn’t get too pissed to ride home.

WTF 😮

$364 in the US and £449 in the UK???

takisawa2

Blood ace shed mate. 😀

Thinking back, didnt you post pics the day you built that xtracycle…
    Would still love one, but out of my reach. My lads are really in to riding their own bikes to school so trying to get them into that.
    cynic-al…I think it was Charliethebikemenoger who said he could do me one on bike-to-work, but I’m still waiting for my company to sign up.
    I started this as a cheaper alternative… 🙂

21032010287 by pten2106, on Flickr

Edukator
    Free Member

#even more impressed#

How about a 22W or 36W strip light to replace the halogen spot, they cost peanuts and spread light well.

Stoner
    Free Member

that’s ace, taki! How far off completing it are you?

How about a 22W or 36W strip light to replace the halogen spot, they cost peanuts and spread light well.

And how would that heat the shed in winter then? 😉

Xtracycle from parts up:

cynic-al
    Free Member

taki that is a class bodge!

What are you going to do for a rack & how have you mounted the rear bb to the front dropouts & top tube to seatpost?

An old 127mm bb would do it, you could then have suspension 😎

Shirley BTW no longer offers any real savings unless you stay with your emoployer for a looooong time? (am looking to jump ship)

takisawa2

cynic-al…it does indeed have a bb to mount on the dropouts. I picked one up from Ebay, 132mm IIRC. For the top-tube I took the dia down a bit, then chopped an old stem & added a groove. This then slid over the top-tube & was held with a 36mm seat-clamp from a Scott Ransom. Just shimmed the 27.2 post out to 31.8 & clamped it on the seat post. Thats as far as it got though. I was faffing trying to get a hydro brake to work with a long hose, that was a pain. Still have the bits. Was looking at some tubing with flattened ends to make the rack, but ran out of time & boys happy on own bikes now. Might get round to finishing one day. I’d even designed the seat unit in 3d at work…!!!

Stoner
    Free Member

I installed a long (roll) hose on to an LX calliper for the Xtracycle so I can have hyrdro rear. definitely worth it and shimano stuff works fine at that length.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have a coaster brake 7-speed Nexus hub. Easiest to use a BB5 or 7 and tandem cable.

Liking the thinking taka, this is on my list for realistic bodges – I can’t weld though so a rack might be tricky (maybe I should learn).

Stoner
    Free Member

I was initially thinking of a coaster brake for my xtracycle …but it wont work Al.

vertical dropouts = tensioner = cant use coaster brake (tensioner winds up as opposed to brake actuating)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Top shed, I’m jealous. I’ve been promised when we move out of the apartment I can build a shed and BBQ area.

Bunnyhop

I’ll be showing mr.b.h. these pictures later, as he’s incredibley messy. Hopefully the hint will spur him on to tidy up.
    Our garage is a true man cave, as it’s dark in there, dirty and full of things I wouldn’t like to touch.

mini stoner looks very cute in his trailer.

resisted
    Free Member

wow, this thread warms the cockles of my heart. That shed, the bodging, all ace.

I literally cannot wait to own a house where I can build a “man cave”, as long as it doesn’t take up too much room in the mrs’ projected kitchen garden and chicken run.

Stoner
    Free Member

Our garage is a true man cave, as it’s dark in there, dirty and full of things I wouldn’t like to touch.

On purpose I should think. I can lock my shed door from the inside for much the same reason 😉

Bunnyhop

Hehe, our garage is off the kitchen and I’ve often locked mr. bh in without realising, as the key is on the kitchen side.

flamejob
    Free Member

@Stoner [hijack!] (maybe this should be a new thread, but what the hey!) I’m wanting to Xtracycle Flameboy and seeing that the frame is specifically designed for my Rohloff what do you think the problems would be? I read stuff about the calliper mount being a 205 for a 165 rotor and stuff like that.

Now I live in Zurich I am pretty confident that I can commute on it and lock it up outside my office (believe it or not!)

Here are the ‘oily bits’

PB010046

I’ll change the brake to a deore or something, but don’t really want to change the rotor.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Finished pics of the shed.’ is closed to new replies.