Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Finished pics of the shed.
  • Stoner
    Free Member

I know you’ve all been riveted by the saga that is Stoner’s Grand Shed Designs.

Finally got round to taking some photos of it today, encouraged by jazid’s thread, despite finishing the shed a few months ago.

More on the build here http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/lets-build-a-shed
    and here http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-with-the-shed-building

Build photo wall here
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-with-the-shed-building#post-2234993

And some middleclassworld stuff on the insulated wine store performance in a bit when Ive analysed the data logger download.

catnap
    Free Member

you could of had a tidy up 😆

lovely that, well done that man

TheBrick
    Free Member

freakishly tidy!

amplebrew

If Carlsberg made sheds……. 8)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Shares in On-one.?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You need to get your priorities right and spend less on the shed and more on the bikes! Tsk.

😉

Stoner
    Free Member

Shares in On-one

If Only! 😉

And there’s one more On-One that wont fit in there, has to go in the garage:

freakishly tidy!

Thought Id run the feather duster over, just for you lot.

Stoner
    Free Member

Middleclasstrackworld update, data from the wine store data logger.

Store is made of whole sheets of 50mm Xtratherm R insulation. Taped at joints with aluminium tape. Shed is insulated in the roof and clad walls the same, but no insulation to brick dwarf walls or at roof verge/soffits. Store open to the uninsulated concrete slab at the bottom. Takes 540 bottles, two deep in the rack:

Insulation seems to do a pretty good job of smoothing out temp fluctuations, and just about keeping the temp down under 14degs. Might need to look at a chiller element for the height of summer though.

meehaja
    Free Member

Stoner, Your Xtracycle/ trailer combo. I need that, it fulfils all my middle class hippy, baby on the way needs. Is that trailer a pram as well? how do you find the Xtracycle on an inbred? WANT WANT WANT!

Oh yeah, good looking shed!

Oxboy
    Free Member

Jeez what a wine rack! 😯
    Heres the number for AA should you need it 0845 769 7555 😆

Stoner
    Free Member

the trailer is a croozer.

Mrs S uses it as a jogger. Can also be converted to a “pram” with a jockey wheel on the front as opposed to the jogger wheel.
    Bloody brilliant. Been all over europe with it with Jr Sr. Now Jr Jr is enjoying it.

Lac Montriond, morzine:
    [img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_t5w43Q6t-Qs/SDwvaFLXOvI/AAAAAAAADnc/Bs3ZHecIpes/s400/IMAG0032a.JPG[/img]

Running around the Tarn gorge.

the xtracycle is brilliant. Only problem is we’re now just a bit too far away from the shops to use it for shopping, so I use it as a team pub bike.
    [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_t5w43Q6t-Qs/TaKwTw3Yt_I/AAAAAAAAMrg/QyhPV7Z0NiU/s640/IMAG0217.jpg[/img]

first tip run:

TheBrick
    Free Member

Can you post a link to your data logger too please.

brakes
    Free Member

nice shed
    you just need some decent bikes now

Stoner
    Free Member

this one
    http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/45777-datalogger-usb-pen-drive-el-usb-1-lascar.html

better link http://www.lascarelectronics.com/data-logger/

comes with v simple software.

Massive life on the battery. Just sits there recording temperatures at the times you tell it to. Waterproof.

singlespeedstu

Two of these.

And one of these please.

😉

palmer77
    Free Member

Hey,

Cool shed, but more importantly how did you get the high low range on the chart, also can this data be presented in a table?

Thanks

Stoner
    Free Member

come round the front to be served stu 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I take archive data handily provided by a local meteo geek:
    http://www.malvernwx.co.uk/archive.htm

I set the datalogger to record at 03:00 and 15:00 for high low Shed values. I use the archive data for hi/lo air values.

For graphing I just used a very basic technique – overlay a coloured area datarange with a white data range to make it look like a floating range. Other more sophisticated techniques can be used, but I was just chucking the data together for tonights pleasure.

Stoner
    Free Member

palmer – published to a table in googledocs for you

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AtSzlkKyXvGhdHI4QUVIdE1WbjJ4em5IeDBMdkdRZ1E&output=html

EDIT Harrumph, gogoledocs only does yankee dates for me. So data starts 6/2/2011 in english.

emsz
    Free Member

You quite like On one then?

Luv that you’ve got your son’s? bike hanging up with yours 8)

Stoner
    Free Member

actually he’s moved on to the red bike on the back of the trailer in a picture up there. I dont hang it up in there because he cant get it down and he likes to ride it many times a day so its in the woodstore where he can get it.

I love on-ones.

Mrs S and I rode across spain and france on pomps.
    inbred was my second proper mtb, i fell in love with the geometry.
    I went scandal 29er when my FS cracked under warranty and never went back to 26″.
    Mrs S wanted an mtb, so a 456 ready build was great value for money.
    Mrs S is into tri, so a planet c carbon SL is great value for money.

and finally when I got a bit of spare pocket money, I went for the Ti29, and I just dont see mysefl needing another bike for along, long time.

I confess it’s not wholly On-One, its actually Brant Richards designed stuff, so im a walking STW cliche.

ourmaninthenorth

Dammit, I’m going to have to make more effort than I have so far in my new garage….

Liking it Stoner 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

got pics OMITN? I love pics. might have noticed 🙄 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Not yet, Stoner. Just moved into house, so garage is filled with boxes, bikes, furniture….

Pics will follow when it’s done. Shan’t be as glam as your hideout, but *whisper it* there might be a little mural…. 😉

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I want to live in ur shed…that’s so good, awesome in fact 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Like the Croozer. Poor man’s chariot though. Good job on the shed. Looks great.

oreetmon
    Free Member

blimey, thats one hell of a ‘man cave’, jealous me.

oreetwoman is always complaining about the bikes/tools/mags/muddy clothing in the dinning room saying that i should leave them outside as a dinning room is for guests/eating and the dinning room table is ”NOT A WORK BENCH” ,thought about installing a vice on it recently,, she will never know how lucky she is to have such an understanding mon,,,,,, i ask you.

my dream is for a little pokey house (less furniture/heating/decorating etcetc) semi rural with a big garden so as i can build my own man cave to sit/sleep in, glug my homebrew and,,, well,,, avoid oreetwomen,,,,, ahhh,,,, maybe one day when she gets a better job 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

Poor man’s chariot though

I was strapped 🙁

my dream is for a little pokey house, semi rural with a big garden so as i can build my own man cave to sit/sleep in, glug my homebrew and,,, well,,, avoid oreetwomen,,,,, ahhh,,,, maybe one day when she gets a better job

sweeeeeettt. I reckon I could kip in the ceiling of the shed:

Junkyard
    Free Member

No one likes a show off but Top work

oreetmon
    Free Member

you need a hammock stoner, that way she will never know 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

😛 @ JY

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Forget all that stupid wine cooler poncery; where do you store the beer, man, the beer??! 😯

S’ok, but I wish I had pics of my uncle’s shed. He’s an electronic engineer, worked for NASA, ESA, and all sorts. There’s stuff in his shed which has loads of buttons and switches and screens and things that go ‘Ping!’. There used to be things with valves that glowed, and those lightbulb style number displays. Little screens with waveforms scrolling across them. Equipment that tracked the progress of various satellites and stuff. I had no idea what any of it really meant, but it looked so cool.

Stoner, it looks too much like a work shed. Get rid of some of those benches and stuff, get a knackered old sofa in there, a flatscreen telly, loads of pron on a server thingy, and some old Star Wars toys, pinball machine etc. Turn it into a proper Man Cave.

It’s far too neat to suggest any real stuff gets done in there. Bit like how people have kitchens full of Le Creuset pots and pans and that, but never cook…

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s far too neat to suggest any real stuff gets done in there.

yeah. I know what you mean. All of stoner towers what built by pixies and un-unionised immigrant labour. I just sat in the shed polishing my tool.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You want to see WCA’s garage. You know stuff happens in there. Like unexpected but actually quite dangerous fires, major paint spillages, Honda Integra Type R engine strip-downs, etc. What a mess.

And it’s full of stuff. Bikes, bits of car, canoes, axes, beer…

He’s even got a sauna in there! No, it’s true!

Stoner
    Free Member

hmm, no fire alarm in mine. best not let WCA near it…

Edukator
    Free Member

#impressed#

I hope those are LED spots.

Stoner
    Free Member

LED spots

of course.

but the lamp is a big brute of a halogen thing. Just for pointing at the bike im working on in the bikestand.

ourmaninthenorth

but the lamp is a big brute of a halogen thing. Just for pointing at the bike im working on in the bikestand

I’ve a bit of an electrickery issue in my garage. There are no sockets on the workbench side of the garage.

I can’t do anything with the ceiling (asbestos insulating board – lethal if drilled/broken), so I can only run an extension cable from a socket – tacked around the wall near the ceiling, or across the floor with rubber trunking?

Stoner
    Free Member

I wouldnt put any cable on the floor unless it was armoured (drop a metal box on the insulation….bang)

Just run some cable along the wall and either have it on a plug at one end or take a spur off the socket directly.

ourmaninthenorth

Just run some cable along the wall and either have it on a plug at one end or take a spur off the socket directly.

Yep, fair enough. Trouble is, the only obvious socket already seems to have some lash-up daisy chained double socket off it (via a plug).

RCD I think..!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Finished pics of the shed.’ is closed to new replies.