Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Finding out my passport number – grrr.
  • Obi_Twa
    Free Member

We are in the process of moving house and my passport could be in any one of hundreds of boxes, so hunting it out is not a feasible option. Unfortunately, I need my passport number for a form that I need to fill in. Phoned the passport office to see if they could tell me my passport number. Apparently there is nobody on the face of the planet that is allowed to give me my passport number over the phone or in person – which seems a bit ridiculous. Would a data protection request get me the info that I need?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I'm pretty sure you'll need your passport as proof of ID to get hold of such information 😆

gozarch
    Free Member

Yes. If you submitted a Data Protection Subject Access request for the number, they should give it to you. But you'd have to provide some form of id anyway, and they are within their rights to charge the standard £10 fee. Plus they have 40 calendar days to respond, so it may not be quick enough.

sobriety
    Free Member

Should've been better organised.

DrJ

Just look on your computer for the scan of your passport photo page that you keep in case of emergencies.

Oh … 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

i'll have a look now for you on my extra special secret phone contact which has all that kind of my info, oh, yeah, silly me you, that would be my info 😉

peachos
    Free Member

why do you not know your passport number??

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If you are employed, your current employer was duty bound to take a copy of either your full birth certificate or passport to confirm your legal status to work in the UK, did you give them your passport? If do ask them to see the copy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

peachos – Member

why do you not know your passport number??

Because he can't find it.

HTH.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Result – I emailed a copy of it to myself in 2002.

iDave
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

I used to know mine off by heart having filled in so many of those damn green forms, but I've recently renewed it.. bummer.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Good. Something to be said for getting it tattoo'ed on yourself perhaps?

IanMunro
    Free Member

I've got my pin code tattoo'ed on my knuckles for that very reason.

jon1973
    Free Member

I've got my pin code tattoo'ed on my knuckles for that very reason.

Just make sure you don't keep card in the same place you keep your kncuckles. Also, make sure you don't use your tattooed hand to cover your other hand up while keying in your pin code at the machine. 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Finding out my passport number – grrr.’ is closed to new replies.