Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 'Finally not overbiked' new bike
  • julioflo
    Free Member

Thought i’d be brave and post a couple of pics of my new [to me] bike. Have had it up and running for a month or so now and i’m surprisingly happy with it.
    I say surprisingly as in recent years I’ve had a Prince Albert with 140mm forks, and a Pitch. Both never felt ‘quick’ enough for me and specially with the Pitch more than 50% of the time I felt overbiked.

So I think I now have something that allows me to ride all of the stuff on my doorstep [although yet to take it to Lustleigh Cleave] and is feels quick enough in XC races. It worked well at the pedally Oktoberfest course.

Basics are: Large Alu Rush frame [thanks Stuart aka ChunkyMTB!] and Reba 120 with maxle.
    Currently running some High Roller 2.1 XC’s, but in 70 shore hardness flavour. 2nd hand of here for a tenner, but not convinced at all. Ok it has been proper slippy all week, but they are nothing like as grippy as the 60a Advantages they replaced…

Flame away chaps….excuse the mud, pics taken fresh back from quick blast in Kings Wood, Buckfastleigh

Houns

Not bad that, needs black grips and the logos lined up on tyres/rims

julioflo
    Free Member

Ha – Yes new grips a priority. Current ones are very grubbed and worn.
    Off to sort tyres out now!

matt_outandabout

Mmm, nice – always hankered after one of them….

Stevo210
    Free Member

Looks great mate, but I’m a little biased 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

i’d keep the grips (or replace with same colour new) and get rid of the black saddle and colour match it with the grips, otherwise perfik

Stevo210
    Free Member

It’s crying for a tan coloured spoon saddle.
    Mine came with some grandmas tights coloured grips too, mental haha.

Badgerpoo
    Free Member

2.1 High Rollers are rubbish, you should use the 2.35s.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

nice, always liked them and prophets. Had a day on a carbon jobbie with carbon leftie the other year and thought it was a top bike.

julioflo
    Free Member

Am realising the 2.1 HR’s are shit. Was hoping to keep the weight done / have a slim tyre to cut through mud without having an out and out Mud tyre….thinking of putting a Bonty XR4 on the front and leaving the HR on the rear.

Graphics are Glow in the Dark too! Great on night rides.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Awww that’s my old frame. I miss it! 😥

I’ve ridden a lot of FS bikes and that Rush surprised the hell out of me too. The boys at Dirt Mag love the Rush.

I only moved it on as I came across a mint Scalpel for peanuts. I do have my eye out for a Carbon Rush still.

Looks good matey – enjoy!

julioflo
    Free Member

Cheers Stu/Chunky!

It’s ace, very versatile. Its sticking with my mates on their 6″ bikes on local steep woodsy trails, and is xc quick.

Will be having a bit of an XC test at what will probably be a very muddy ‘Soggy Bottom’ race at Newnham tomorrow.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘'Finally not overbiked' new bike’ is closed to new replies.