Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • FINALLY… a change in the weather
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Looks like the Jet stream has finally moved.. ice and snow on the way

Jamie
    Free Member

I do wish it had come last week. As I think the nation needs the pick-me-up, that having the country turned into a giant ice rink, would bring.

Blower
    Free Member

**** great!
    dont need that with work

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bring on the snow! The children got two scooter snow board things for Christmas that I will have to test for safety 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

Brilliant, who’s saying that?

MrOvershoot

Blower – Member

**** great!
    dont need that with work

Me neither, its great to look at from in your house but less so where your business involves stuff moving all over the country.

cheers_drive

It’s great that the wet whether is over but the roads will be lethal with all the frozen field run off.

smogmonster

Snow is $hit. End of. Give me todays conditions for the whole winter and ill be happy as a pig in poo.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Brilliant, who’s saying that?

Nobody that I can see for at least a week.

Blower
    Free Member

Snow is $hit. End of. Give me todays conditions for the whole winter and ill be happy as a pig in poo.

agreed

transapp
    Free Member

When’s the ice coming to Somerset then? Forecast looks like reasonable for January to me!

grantway
    Free Member

LOL So we finally face Winter

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

The downs are losing moisture but are now turning to clag. Bring on some rock hard frosts…….

properbikeco
    Free Member

can someone post a link to these long range weather forecasts – all the ones I find are rubbish

hh45
    Free Member

In your opinion. No ‘end of’ about it!! Lots of us think snow is ace. Even if it does interfere with work.

maccruiskeen

can someone post a link to these long range weather forecasts – all the ones I find are rubbish

Long range forecasts are just a bit of vague notion. If you want to feel certain what the weather is going to be like just pick up any issue of the Daily Express. It’ll be wrong but you’ll feel certain about it until you blame the met office for it being wrong. 🙂

properbikeco
    Free Member

that’s exactly what I thought/knew

so where does this info come from then?

mudshark
    Free Member

Snow’s fun for a change but old people will die….

sweepy
    Free Member

They do that anyway

cloudnine
    Free Member

The jet stream has shifted.. there will be frosty nights by thurs / friday. It’s the jet stream which pretty much dictates what kind of weather we will get. The BBC weather men have been hinting about a shift in the weather for the last few days.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Snow really kills of business, just plain old and dry will be great thanks

CountZero

Usually the most accurate forecast for me, from Meteogroup. I can’t get the whole two weeks on one page, so there’s overlap:

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hate snow.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve seen a couple of models that are showing this trend towards the end of the week. Cold air heading in from the east over a warmer than normal North Sea usually gives snow. Whether the air flow from the east changes is anyone’s guess, we’ll know by the weekend I’d say!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Snow tyres at the ready..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Builder/weatherman 😉

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It better not snow. As there is no way I can get to work as I ride a motorbike and don’t have access to a car or a lift. Also the first train doesn’t get me to work till 0730 and I start at 0700

zokes
    Free Member

You can have some of this if you prefer?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20956421

Also the first train doesn’t get me to work till 0730 and I start at 0700

That’s OK, it’ll be the wrong sort of snow anyway, so it won’t be running

Kryton57

That’s OK, it’ll be the wrong sort of snow anyway, so it won’t be running

LOL.

I’m sure his boss will understand….

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Snowed last night in Farnbrough, not heavily, but enough to pick it out in helmet lights.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘FINALLY… a change in the weather’ is closed to new replies.