Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • finale ligure 24 hr
  • pjt201
    Free Member

has anyone done this before? I can't work out what the arrangements with camping etc are from their website (either the Italian or English version). Are you allowed to camp on site? If so how long for?

Cheers

phildowling
    Free Member

Is it me or can i not even find the date for it! Looks like a good course as well. Could be tempted 🙂

furry_marmot
    Free Member

raced it in a team of 8 last year – either the penultimate or the last weekend in May iirc. It's great fun; the course is flowy but rather technically straightforward. I'd definitely race again, though.

you camp on-site. think you can camp there from Thursday night – I recommend you get there Early. We turned up on the Saturday morning and there was almost no space left: we ended up finding what we thought was an idyllic spot in the trees next to the "toboggan" dh section… only to realise that it was the principal spectators' spot… and some crazy locals like to watch all night, screaming loudly. so we didn't get any sleep whatsoever…

note that you can only bring your car on-site briefly for loading/unloading. if you don't want to have to leave it miles away, once again, turn up early.

if you go, take a big bike as well as an xc bike and go shuttling on the Thursday/Friday. there are some amazing trails out there – again, nothing particularly difficult, but just plain fun.

epicyclo

Got a web link for that?

nasher
    Free Member

We do week package along with entering the race if you are interested

rivierabike enters finale 24hr

Its a fantastic event awesome trails and dry and dusty and warm (unlike the UK ones)

epicyclo

Thanks. I'll think about that – see if I can fit it in.

Is it a XC course or All Mountain? (Not keen on big drops for reasons of age induced fragility 🙂 )

nasher
    Free Member

the course is XC with lots of sinletrack, great view over the med, and at night its alit up.

The final descent "the tobogan" is a great twisty corkscrew decent, at night it is lit up with those "hose pipe" style lights.

great pasta too..

Napalm
    Free Member

What nasher said:

We raced with Riviera bike a couple of years ago and had a great time – very well looked after by Ady & Jo.
    The pasta is superb (Italians don't eat rubbish) as is the course.

I think that too much grappa might have impaired my performance and my ability to correctly guess the sex of one of the german competitors in the next tent.

pjt201
    Free Member

@epicyclo the website is here: http://www.24hfinale.com/24h/

It's 20-23rd May with the race taking place on 22nd and 23rd.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘finale ligure 24 hr’ is closed to new replies.