Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)
  • Films that are so awful, they're actually quite good?
  • slackalice
    Free Member

No way Kung Fu Hustle!! Also didn’t know about Shaolin Soccer.

Kung Pow! is also very worthy of watching. Absolutely hilarious and kinda bad too. Highly recommended 😀

ooo-eee—ooo-eeee-uuuu 😀 8)

stumpy01

The Princess Bride…

spud-face

househusband – Member

They Live.

-stands on chair, applauds-

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9rrgJXfLns[/video]

brakes
    Free Member

Kung Fu Hustle is probably one of my favourite films, at least one of my favourite Kung Fu films.
    It shouldn’t be on this list – it is an incredible film – I don’t think it tries or pretends to be anything it isn’t. It is the perfect tribute to the Kung Fu genre – it’s hilarious, the filmography superb and the less than subtle effects are the icing on the cake. Love it.

edlong
    Free Member

On Deadly Ground – Steven Seagal has a spiritual moment in the Alaskan wilderness and becomes at one with the natives, then kicks the ass of the bad guys, of whom the chief one is Michael Caine.

Also from Michael Caine – Water, one of those cheap British movies of the 1980s before 4 weddings when the entire british film industry was bankrolled by George Harrison. He’s briefly in this, more so Billy Connolly, and I think it was Leonard Rossiter’s final role. A comedy set in a colonial outpost.

tadpole
    Free Member

Howard the Duck!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Two Lane Blacktop

swanny853

Tremors is just great. No ‘so bad it’s good there’. The sequels though, very much so.

I’m going with ‘Biggles: Adventures in time’

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Doomsday, How i hate thee let me count the ways.

1. A virus so infectious they wall up scotland but then stop working on a cure. because politicians.

2. APC taken out with makeshift axe and arrow.

3. Good job we happened to have this handy steam train and it was ready for immediate departure.

4. So we took over the castle and thought **** it we will just abandon all technology.

5. So all the years you have been using this tunnel you never thought to look any further?

6. She asks what it does like she has never seen a car before but what about all the cars in Glasgow?

7. Wait a minute there hasn’t been any rain this whole time its almost like this was filmed in another country….

8. Trained police baddass cant outrun loons in ropey old british leyland bangers on a straight road using a Bentley continental.

9. Villan reveals his entire plan in needless exposition.

10. Villan gets his inevitable comeuppance.

So with all this in mind why do i find it so watchable?

Pigface
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member
    Two Lane Blacktop

Burn this one it is defective

AdamW
    Free Member

Pah, these are nothing!

I was at my sisters t’other day where she has Sky and I watched a film on the Syfy channel:

‘Robocroc’

It was so utterly awful I laughed so much I weed a bit. Unfortunately I had to go to bed else I could have stayed up and watched ‘Ghost Shark’.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

MORTAL COMBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT!

retro83
    Free Member

nealglover – Member

SHARKNADO !!

Brilliant film, worth watching for continuity errors. Straight out of a completely flooded house onto a bone dry road. Superb! Great effects as well.

snakebite – Member

Dog Soldiers.

Sausages! 😆

pondo

Kung Fu Hustle is probably one of my favourite films, at least one of my favourite Kung Fu films.
    It shouldn’t be on this list – it is an incredible film – I don’t think it tries or pretends to be anything it isn’t

^^^ WHS. I’d put A Knight’s tale and Starship Troopers in the same category, them folks are laughing heartily at themselves. 🙂

jon1973
    Free Member

Beverley Hills Cops III

IA

Anything by/starring JCVD.

Awesomely awful.

If forced to pick one, Hard Target.

Also see: Dolph Ludgren

5thElefant
    Free Member

Salute of the Jugger.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

Home Alone.

Cutesy little American kid, can’t act, pulls stupid faces at camera; ridiculous cartoon violence; hideous schmaltzy ending .. but boy, sit there and watch with your 10 year old kid and try not to laugh out loud!

Cougar

Anything by/starring JCVD.

Also see: Dolph Ludgren

The Expendables, sir?

richmtb

Daylight, 90’s Sly Stallone film about a bunch of people trapped underground. Comedy gold from start to finish

Charlie’s Angels, its crap on every level but really watchable for some reason

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rocky 1 – XII
    Caddy shack (ok never awful…)
    Top Gun

back2basics
    Free Member

the latest bond movie

jwt
    Free Member

Killer Klowns form outer space.
    Absolute Epic.

fasthaggis

The Fifth Element

GTFO! Nothing about that film is awful.

Lee Evans ,the useless wee turd 👿

crispycross
    Free Member

Bubba Ho-Tep.

bigblackshed

stumpy01 – Member
    The Princess Bride…

The thing is, The Princess Bride ticks the awful box quite well, but then takes it back through quite good and on to pure brilliance.

stewartc
    Free Member

Bubba Ho-Tep?
    That’s a great film.

The Final Countdown
    I watch this at least once a year, terrible film but I like seeing Tomcats shooting down Zeros.

SamB
    Free Member

I’m not sure what’s going on in here, people seem to just be listing good movies 😀

Blade, Starship Troopers, Tremors, Predator – these are all genuinely good films!!

If you want bad-good – I watched “Pain & Gain” last weekend. **** genius… Marky Mark and The Rock, with Michael Bay directing. Absolutely brilliant.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEQ8jyvmYtw[/video]

BoomBip
    Free Member

Event Horizon – I know it’s a bad, bad film but, if it comes on, I’ll happily watch it all the way through 😕

redstripe
    Free Member

Two Thousand Maniacs
    C.H.U.D
    Killdozer

PrinceJohn

Sorry still too many people listing good films, not just films that are so bad they’re good.

The Princess Bride? Really? It’s a classic, as is Event Horizon, Bubba Ho Tep is also great…

How about Return of the Killer Tomatoes… & Rubber, maybe even Nude Nuns with Big Guns…

whatnobeer
    Free Member

No one mentioned The Room yet? Truly truly awful movie. Sudden and dramatic lines delivered in either totally over the top ways and never mentioned again or totally underplayed and never mentioned again. The highly cringe worth sex scenes. The penchant for playing football anywhere and at any time. And best of all, the star of the show, director, writing and actor Tommy Wiseau with is weird accent and awful acting. Truly a film that is so bad that it becomes brilliant.

messiah
    Free Member

Cougar

Messiah wins, I’ll close the thread now.

redstripe
    Free Member

Horror and sci-fi channels on Sky are always good for a bad film you end up being drawn into when you have better things to do e.g Quater Mass and the Pit got me last week

brakes
    Free Member

Rocky 12 – XII

fixed it for you.
    Rocky (1) is never awful.

Rambo on the other hand…

coogan
    Free Member

A Life Less Ordinary

Everyone I know hates it, but I love it.

beej

AdamW failed to mention that RoboCroc’s cast was led by a bloke who used to be on the Bill (doing a bad American accent), the mother from E.T. and Keith Duffy from Boyzone.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-ab07qS_sc[/video]

tomhoward

I see your ‘Sharknado’ and raise you…

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Films that are so awful, they're actually quite good?’ is closed to new replies.