Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)
  • Films that are so awful, they're actually quite good?
  • jonjones262
    Free Member

Dude, where’s my Car?……classic!

GEDA
    Free Member

Speed racer

Pigface
    Free Member

A life less ordinary is great one of my favourite films.

Event Horizon has no place on this thread.

I watched Armageddon for the first time last week, I think it was just plain awful 😆

Vern0n
    Free Member

Sorry, but Ski School is a good film that’s good so cannot possibly be included!

Street Trash, Killer Klowns From Outer Space and that Billy The Kid film, now that’s all bad / good.

kimbers

Im loving that They Live is up there, an awesome film

bizarely I was thinking about another Rowdy Roddy Piper film the other day, I thought itd be worth watching again
    it wasnt……

Hell Comes to Frog Town
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoQngk6UnI4[/video]

another one thats so bad its bad is
    The Wizard of Speed and Time
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ldOTw60Ozg[/video]

how about The Stuff
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POgtGCRVW5g[/video]

films that i actually do like even though they are silly
    Under Siege
    Demolition Man
    Battlefield Earth
    and how about Howard The Duck!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6hDf5cCUJw[/video]

Cougar

You know,

I liked Howard the Duck. I think it got a wholly disproportionate panning, it’s really not a bad little movie.

molgrips
    Free Member

Demolition Man is not silly! Very astute, very witty. And that dress…

mashiehood
    Free Member

Dude wheres my car!

Cougar

About half a dozen posts further up. HTH.

(-:

senorj

I saw this thread last night….I’m in the “Fifth Element is amazing” camp . The Princess Bride is a classic….
    As most of the films mentioned have a masculine tilt ….
    How about “the Devil Wears Prada” or “27 dresses”, I love those! 😀

Torminalis
    Free Member

A Knight’s Tale.

My wife caught me watching a Knights Tale not long ago and relentlessly took the piss for a good few days. I think it is the business.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

got to nominate the Nicholas Cage ‘National Treasure’ movies.

you’ve got to enjoy the matter of fact way they approach such issues as hacking into Interpol and kidnapping the president of the usa. genius.

a good romp, nevertheless. 😀

duntmatter
    Free Member

Birdemic.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I’m surprised it took so long for someone to nominate Caddy Shack……..a crap classic! And on a similar theme, how about Happy Gilmour? Another crap golfing movie, so bad, so bad 🙂

pondo

Happy Gilmour is my go-to movie when I just want to put my head in neutral, have a couple of beers and recharge my brain. It’s not It’s A WonderFul Life or Citizen Kane, but it’s harmless enough with some good lines. 🙂

I think I’d have to veto its nomination as bad, as I don’t think it’s particulalry trying to be good. 🙂

verses

Anything from The Asylum studio; where Sharknado, Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus, etc are made.

I’ve not seen any of them, but their knock-offs of Hollywood films have great titles, must watch some of them sometime;
    = Transmorphers
    = Snakes on a train
    = The 18 year old virgin
    = Alien Vs Hunter

stewartc
    Free Member

Its marmite that’s been stored in a jar of pickled onions, but I do put it on every now and then, its strangely hypnotic.

boltonjon

cannonball run by boltonjon, on Flickr

batfink
    Free Member

yeah, pretty much anything with Burt in it ^ guaranteed to be awful, but strangely watchable.

Crank (and crank 2 actually)…… had no right to be as good as it was.

grum
    Free Member

Glad to see some love for ‘golden era’ Seagal. Luckily my wife loves them too.

There’s another classic bit in On Deadly Ground where he beats the shit out of a guy in a bar then says ‘what does it take to change the essence of a man’ and makes him cry.

Star Ship Troopers – amazing how many people don’t get it.

They Live – classic.

Most things with Stathe in are worth a watch – the Crank films are post-modern masterpieces!

toys19
    Free Member

This film (with Danny Dyer) got universally panned the reviews are bloody hilarious:

Run for Your Wife met with such overwhelmingly negative reviews upon release that the reviews themselves were widely reported in the UK media.[5] The film was variously described as “a catastrophe”, “as funny as leprosy” and “30 years past its sell-by-date”, with The Guardian reviewer Peter Bradshaw saying that it “makes The Dick Emery Show look edgy and contemporary”.[6] The Independent’s Anthony Quinn wrote, “The stage play ran for nine years – it (the film) will be lucky to run for nine days. Perhaps never in the field of light entertainment have so many actors sacrificed so much dignity in the cause of so few jokes… From the look of it, Cooney hasn’t been in a cinema for about 30 years”.[7] The cameo-heavy cast was commented upon by several reviewers, with the Metro commenting that “no one emerges unscathed among the cameo-packed cast that reads largely like a roll-call for Brit TV legends you’d previously suspected deceased”.[8] The Daily Record described the film as “an exasperating farce containing not one single, solitary laugh. Comprised of people losing their trousers and falling over, the film looks like a pilot for a (mercifully) never-commissioned 70’s sitcom”.[9]
    [10] As of 18 February 2013 the film has a 0% approval rating on aggregate review website Rotten Tomatoes.[11] The film made £602 during its opening weekend.[12]

Viewing 21 posts - 121 through 141 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Films that are so awful, they're actually quite good?’ is closed to new replies.