Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fibre flare lights?
  • shaggmiester
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one of those fibre flare rear light. Has anyone got one and what they like? Ive heard they’re not right waterproof? Cheers.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Mine sits horizontally across the back of my panniers on the commuter. Sure it doesn’t make the most of the ~270deg visibility like that but it gives a very different type / shape of light to the other lights I’ve also got. Battery life is surprisingly good – though it’s always on flash mode and I’ve not had any issues with it not being waterproof at all. Recommended.

weeble
    Free Member

No problems with either of mine when wet

andyfb78
    Free Member

Have had three.

They each lasted about 3 weeks in the winter commute.

shame coz they were very adaptable.

marka.
    Free Member

Mine kept draining the battery when turned off. I don’t think the batteries lasted particularly long even when it was working properly. Then it solved all of those problems by not turning on at all.

So I wouldn’t bother, which is a shame because they’re a nice idea otherwise.

benjbish

Awesome devices, no problem with waterproofing here.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

mine seems to be going through batteries as well now.

swampi
    Free Member

I have 2, one smaller blue light which has been fine for last 6 months and have had a large red rear one for last 2 years, no water problems or battery drainage for me, i do have it on my bag rather than in direct water spray on the seat post

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fibre flare lights?’ is closed to new replies.