Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Fiat Doblo MPV – anyone got one?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Considering one of these van based fiat doblo mpvs. Anyone got one? What are you thoughts?

khani
    Free Member

We’ve got one, a 07 from new, no problems so far and it’s enormoose, ours is a 19jtd and gives about 45 mpg average, cost 10.5k new so a lot of bus for the money, get a tailgate one not the split rear door as it better for sitting under and is easier to load and unload big stuff, Not bad to drive either, nice high up driving position and nice torquey engine and comfy seats, gets 4 bikes with wheels off and two with em on as well

theyEye
    Free Member

Just finished looking at a few of these van MPVs, including the Doblo. Ended up buying a Peugeot Partner. Better priced, and feels a bit nicer, more clever cubby holes, and better put together. Time will tell…

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Cheer both. Will go have a look.

After having a 307 and all it’s electrical woes, couldn’t get a peugeot again.

theyEye
    Free Member

hmmm, haven’t learned that lesson yet. Hopefully never will…

avdave2

I’ve had one for 3 years now and I’d buy another. Most of our driving is fairly local and it still averages around 50mpg. I looked at the alternatives but when I looked at all the reliability info I could find it seemed to come out on top. It also has slightly more luggage space than the competition but there’s not a lot in it. As khani says they are good to drive as well. The sort of car that no one wants but everybody needs.

project
    Free Member

Got the van version, without the sliding doors, and its huge, you can sit in the drivers seat with your bike helmet on, with room to spare above your head, not much storage holes for maps and bits and pieces, twin lighter sockets, and good on fuel 1.9 td does 53 to the gallon, neighbour has 2 transit connects and lots of oil leaks ,oh and get aircon as the windscreen is huge so hot in the summer.

longstuff
    Free Member

Brought one just after Xmas after looking at all the other van things.
    Ours is the 1.9 multijet 120bhp dynamic, took a while to find one without the disabled ramp!

The bad…..

its one ugly mother!
    noisy over 70 mph
    people think your special
    Mates point and laugh!

The good…

Masses of room, with the seats down its HUGE
    Well built (for a fiat)
    You can fit a proper stereo in the dash
    45 mpg
    good acceleration
    siding doors are great
    loads of head room
    Fold rear seat and bike fits straight in

I hated it at first, brought it because it ticked all the boxes.
    I would not swap it for anything now, get one!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fiat Doblo MPV – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.