Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Female specific saddle recommends
  • tricky-dicky
    Free Member

My wife loves her newly acquired MTB but wants a saddle to suit her shape. Any suggestions…

xiphon
    Free Member

mrs xiphon highly recommends one of these -> http://www.wtb.com/products/saddles/recreation/speedshe/

kilo

The mrs uses selle italia lady saddles on all her bikes and racks up reasonably big mileage with no complaints

nedrapier

Try a specialized dealer. They have ass-o-meters and saddles in various widths so you can get one to suit. My OH is happy with hers.

sefton
    Free Member

got my wife a charge spoon for women – she said its better than the old saddle – she got some padded shorts too

damion
    Free Member

+1 Selle Italia

Kasey’s just swapped her Terry out for a Selle Italia Diva and is very happy with it. So much so she’s just ordered another.

porter_jamie

Selle Italia for my missus, made a huge difference to comfort.

Marko

OH has the WTB one listed above. She’s more than happy with it, but they seem to split and crack on the side very quickly (at the rear where the soft foam compresses the most).

When this one goes it will be time for a change.

Hth
    Marko

convert

A lot of women (and men) in triathlon are going for ISM adamo saddles. The Adamo peak might do the job nicely – at a price!

mattbee

My wife swears by a Fizik Vitesse . She’s just replaced the first one she bought in 2004 so I reckon that the price works out pretty good in pounds per year terms. Pretty light too, although not as ‘soft’ as some of the women’s saddles she’d tried. Used to have a WTB ladies one on her road bike bit said it was only any good for about an hour before it started to hurt….

whyterider19
    Free Member

My wife likes her Selle Italia Gel flow. Wishes she had gotten it much sooner, says pressure on her lady bits is gone now and can ride in comfort. Good for me as now there is less stopping.

london_lady
    Free Member

+1 for the Fizik Vitesse

antigee

EBC do a nice own brand ladies gel saddle that got a vote here

Edit

Try a specialized dealer. They have ass-o-meters

now if that was for ladies only thats a job i’d stand in line for

tricky-dicky
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations, on one doing a very nice Selle Italia Gel saddle in tan to match her gold frame so ordered from them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Female specific saddle recommends’ is closed to new replies.