• This topic has 35 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by twang.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Fellow lady mtbikers in Sheffield?
  • chickona5
    Free Member

Hi all. I ride with a big bunch of men which is awesome, and always fun, but wondered if there any more women round Sheffield to ride with? I have joined a few before but detected a bit too much competitive, cliquey rubbish….so would be nice to find some other chilled out, friendly girls to hit the peaks with, who are just out for a laugh

hora
    Free Member

Hi Holly (again) 🙂 if you fancy a ride with our group too we are out most weekends (or midweek)

Onzadog
    Free Member

We ride a mixed group, 50/50 most times, but there’s certainly no “rubbish”.

edward2000
    Free Member

I ride with a bunch of girls.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hora you are NOT female

hora
    Free Member

Oops that is true

trio25
    Free Member

I live in the Peak, I’m new to the area so don’t actually know any other females to ride with so always up for meeting new people.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Don’t override cycleworks have a group of women’s riders associated with them? Might be worth a word, they’re just off the Shalesmoor roundabout.

MoreCashThanDash

Maybe BC have some off road Breeze rides up there? Might be worth a check on the BC website

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

Override do indeed have a group. It’s on FB or you can contact Jacqui Rescorle Jacquie@over-ride.co.uk

Not been out with them yet myself due to current health problems but as soon as I’m fit enough I hope to give one of their rides a go.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I’m a girl on a bike in Sheffield – happy to join you if you like, i tend to the rigid 29er rather than the full suss – but i do get about a bit . . . . so to speak 😉

evh22
    Free Member

Try No Balls Biking on facebook. I get the feeling that override is mostly beginners but the people I’ve met from it seem very nice. Depends what you are looking for.

I’m about to start a new flexible job and would be happy to ride anytime, night or day (don’t tell the boss!). Live in Rivelin but head out most weekends and in the week. PM me if you want.

thepodge
    Free Member

Over ride is / was a good mix of levels till two of their better riders got pregnant but it’s still worth contacting them

The beginners seem a little more active but that’s probably because the more experienced already have stuff going on

Pook

But podge – hora’s invited her out with us!

thepodge
    Free Member

In that case, never lend him anything, you’ll never get it back

Never let him touch your forks, they’ll never work again afterwards

Actually I’ll be here all week with warnings

Pook

It’s a long list

chickona5
    Free Member

Oh wow what a great response! Hello again Hora!! Nice to meet you the other day….and thanks for having nearly kill myself coming off Lee Tor 😉 (it was actually really fun-definitely be doing that one again, with more speed hehe)….and yes Id love meet you (and your gang) for a ride…always great to make acquaintance with a friendly face 🙂

***Adjustablewench and Trio25….how about we get together for a ride?? Nice 20 miler in the peaks one weekend soon?***

Ps…Override….I haven’t joined them…Im a do-er though, and rides don’t seem to happen, well not proper riding in the peaks anyway 🙂 Maybe because they’re mixed ability, I don’t know

chickona5
    Free Member

Hope I haven’t left my response too late :-/

trio25
    Free Member

Hi there, yes a ride sounds good email me amycollette [at] hotmail [dot] com

I don’t ride a full-suss either, I do have front suspension though, at the moment I only have a singlespeed as my geared bike is poorly.

hora
    Free Member

A pleasure 🙂

Pook

I am NOT in hora’s gang. Just for the record 😉

chickona5
    Free Member

Hi Ladies,
    I was wondering if you girls that have replied on this tread if you fancied a peaks ride on the last weekend of March? Ive got rides planned every weekend before then or Id suggest sooner. Thought we could do hope valley or something at lady bower. Chuck a few nice ups and downs in?

Really looking forward to hitting the peak with some friendly girls and having some good fun (minus men for a change haha). Im 31 and ride loads, always ditching that stupid competitive stuff Ive seen around. Generally love being outside and having fun in the mud, and riding in groups…so thats just a bit about me before you chose to ride with me or not 😉

chickona5
    Free Member

Non of my lady comrades fancy a ride? (see above) 🙂

hora
    Free Member

If your about/no plans (and dont fancy solo) I’m riding from Edale on Sat am (early though) with another STW’er.

chickona5
    Free Member

Hi Hora!! Well Im doing a night ride and out riding sunday so its probably best I dont or Ill be runied hehe. Do you normally ride Saturdays?

vickypea
    Free Member

I ride in the Peak District but with a bunch of men and from t’other side of the Peak. And I’m an old git, so probably can’t help! What is the competitive nonsense that you speak of?

hora
    Free Member

I ride both days usually. I ride with anyone; hate clique’s/groups/ride politics. If I had a problem with someone I’d ride with them too 🙂

chickona5
    Free Member

Im just talking egotistical stuff…Its not nice….Ive just found guys a better laugh, and less cliquey

Which side of the Peak are you talking about vickypea? Im in Matlock 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

I’m in Bollington. We do a lot of rides in the Hayfield area, and sometimes round Hope, occasionally near Matlock!

vickypea
    Free Member

Isn’t it time for a peaks pootle?

solarpowered
    Free Member

Oooooh!!! Hi ya!!! I lurve the Peak District! I am definately no where near your ability by the sounds of it but I do like a good laugh! I don’t think I can do the last weekend in March but pleeeease email me when you next want to go out. I’ve made loads of absolutely lovely people & ride with pretty much 50:50 group….. The girls giggle a lot so I think you’d like it! I can’t stand competitive so I’m with you on that one! Hope I meet you soon & ps; I like pink stuff & I DONT CARE!! 😉

Pook

hora
    Free Member

Isn’t it time for a peaks pootle?

Yes Pook- its a great place for people to mingle/meet new riders etc. Come on. No I can’t arrange it, I’ll forget and end up in Edinburgh again if I try to organise one 😉

cazza
    Free Member

I’m a girl in Sheffield and looking for more riding buddies. Email in profile if anyone’s still looking at the thread!

chickona5
    Free Member

Hey Cazza! Im doing a girly ride (well not girly hopefully) sunday 30th if u fancy it?! Theres 3 or 4 of us so far :-)Meeting at 10am. 17-18- miler hope to lady bower, down the ‘beast’, round ladybower, bk up the roman road and down whatsit clough and a loop there. (Sorry I forget the names of clough this, clough that)

twang
    Free Member

*makes note in stalker diary*

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Fellow lady mtbikers in Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.