Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • FC butchering Triscombe
  • owenfs7
    Free Member

are they going to dig up everything? every time I go up there they’ve roped off a new trail. 🙁

belugabob
    Free Member

Just try to chill – once they’ve finished, you’ll be amazed how quickly everything gets back to normal.
    Our local woods looked like the moon after some FC work a couple of years back, but you’d hardly know anything had taken place within a few months.
    Try to think of it as an opportunity to establish some new trails.

paul4stones

People forget that these trees are actually a crop.

As above – it’s an opportunity.

leec247
    Free Member

Is there much roped off was thinking of heading up there tomorrow morning????

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

We were up there last weekend. They’ve deliberately driven the machinery over the trails on the ‘far’ side of the valley. All the more swoopy, more open stuff on the ‘near’ side was ok then.

Dibbs
    Free Member

Look at it as an opportunity to see the lay of the land and plan new trails 😉

jam-bo

Triscombe has been ‘destroyed’ at least three times that I can remember.

Comes back better every time.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

It happened on Mendip 2/3 years ago too. Its a right pain at the time, but there are at least twice as many trails through the woods now.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

If you bare in mind that 90% of the DH tracks at Triscombe have been made by mountain bikers in the last 7 or 8 years without any permission then I don’t think any of us are really in a position to complain when the foresters come along to do their jobs . . .

Let them get on with it, keep quiet, don’t make a fuss and they’ll be gone again soon. Start kicking off and talking about it being unjust and they’ll probably tell us to all stay off for good.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

We have to accept that this will happen. But it does seem like they think “ooh look a gap in the trees, let’s drive my truck down it”

leec247
    Free Member

It’s all taped off now with warning signs saying stay off. Bit annoying but they’ll soon be gone and normal service will resume

yunki
    Free Member

But it does seem like they think “ooh look a gap in the trees, let’s drive my truck down it”

erm.. are the gaps in the trees not there for that specific purpose in the first place..?

Or am I missing something..?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“are the gaps in the trees not there for that specific purpose in the first place”

Indeed – the trees get pruned for the intention of riding bikes down 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘FC butchering Triscombe’ is closed to new replies.