Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)
  • Favourite Beer
  • muttley109
    Free Member

Favourite beer,only one?
    That’s like asking what’s your favourite album!!!
    Go on then,Purple Moose Glaslyn bitter;
    http://www.purplemoose.co.uk/cy/beer/favourites/5-glaslyn-ale

I’m with you on this one! I’ts been my favourite for a few years now, lovely stuff!

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Clobber. You can buy Beavertown direct, or if you’re based in the North a lot of Booths stores carry it as part of their quite excellent craft beer range.

miketually
    Free Member

Only one? Don’t make me choose!

Edit: If you like trying new beers, you should subscribe to Beerbods. Use ZTKLLQ to get yourself (and me) a free beer. I’ll buy you a pint in return for my free beer, if ever we’re near a bar at the same time.

woffle
    Free Member

(Currently) Chapel Down Curious IPA.

https://www.chapeldown.com/curious-ipa-detail

Yum

carlosg
    Free Member

My favourite beer for a long time has been Hobgoblin although I have found myself being swayed slightly lately by Guinness West Indies porter.

Years ago I used to love a pint of Youngers No3 ,I sulked for a week at least when I found out they weren’t going to make it anymore.

Mounty_73

I am enjoying Sneck Lifter from the Jennings Brewery….I have a stock pile in the cupboard 🙂

lunge

Sadlers Mud City Stout is bloody lovely, brewed within 2 miles of my house and easily available locally.
    The Fiex Wheel brewery’s No Brakes IPA is also bloody good but much harder to find.

pondo

1664, please. 😀

(And non-1664 “regular” Kronenbourg when in France)

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ brant – Good call on Vocation. Heart and Soul is a decent session beer.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Some great choices here!

Beavertown in cans is good, keg is so much better!

Brewhouse and Kitchen have Gamma Ray on their normal range at the moment. They have quite a few pubs scattered about.

http://www.brewhouseandkitchen.com

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Russian River’s Pliny the elder

Good luck finding that over here! Unless you’re over there, of course.

andytherocketeer

Thornbridge Jaipur

Used to be that

Recently replaced by…

Bierol Mountain Pale Ale
    or
    Bierol the PADAWAN

chrissyharding
    Free Member

Murphys along with Guiness the only drinks I don’t get a seriously bad hangover from.

Denis99
    Free Member

Wadworths 6X

CountZero

There are so many that I really enjoy, like Fuller’s ESP, Bath Ales Gem, Otter Ale, Butcombe Bitter…
    I tried a Purple Moose at our local beer festival a few years back, can’t for the life of me remember which one, but it may have been Dark Side of the Moose, but it was bloody lovely, and I kept going back for more!
    Sadly not available here in North Wiltshire, although I keep on at my local landlord to get some, and with the loosening of restrictions on landlords getting bigger ranges of beers, it might happen.
    One that I really do enjoy is Badger Blandford Flyer, which has a ginger hint to it, and I find almost impossible to just sip, good thing I can’t afford to buy in large quantities.

nedrapier

I’ve got a Sierra Nevada Torpedo and a Lagunitas IPA in the fridge. which to have first…

trail_rat
    Free Member

Lagaunitas

Torpedoes too hoppy IMO – will ruin the lagaunitas taste 🙂

MrPottatoHead

My go to beer is Innis & Gunn. Normally just the original but do like the Rum one now and again.

astormatt
    Free Member

senorj

Too many for one choice,like music…
    But ,if it was my last ever pint , Jennings Cockerhoop ,draught ,from the Swan in Cockermouth .

jruk
    Free Member

Dartmoor Brewery – Legend.

All these hipster beers full of carrot cake, bitter lemons or organic guinea pig droppings and do one.

sadexpunk

been going off beer a bit lately, liking rum to drink more these days. there was one exception a while back tho, some titanic plum porter that lidl were selling. bluddy luvvly!! kept going back in to stockpile but never seen it since :-/

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Dancing Duck Ay Up
    Sam Smiths Organic Wheat Beer
    Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

nedrapier

trail_rat – exactly my thoughts. they were good. lagunitas better. 150p a bottle in M&S if you buy 6.

slackman99
    Free Member

Lagunitas 4 for £6 at Morrison’s too

slackman99
    Free Member

Enjoy lots. If the sun’s out then Skinners Lushington is pretty tasty

mikey74
    Free Member

Can we include cider here? I’m just guzzling some Sainsburys TTD Suffolk Cyder [sic] which is nice.

budgierider67

simondbarnes

Ringwood 49er from the Three Tuns in Bransgore when I’m back home down south. Bloody lovely.

Am particularly enjoying beers from Vocation Brewery at the moment. Couple of Life & Deaths this evening.

blitz

Can anyone compare Beavertown Gamma Ray to their Neck Oil? Had a pint of Neck Oil in the local Micro Brewery Pub recently and it was the best I think I’ve had from there so interested in Gamma Ray as not come across that.

hh45
    Free Member

I cant believe that no one has mentioned Black Sheep Bitter. all the flavour of an IPA but with a bit more depth / range. at 4.4% ? its more manageable that a lot of IPAs that a bit strong.

It is interesting how IPA has almost taken over the world. In Hackney there are craft pubs stuffed full of women drinking pints of strong beer which is great but not what we used to see. Long may it continue.

mikey74
    Free Member

if I have to choose beer/lager, I guess it would be Doom Bar, Trooper, Waggledance. Badgers do some nice ones as well.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

At the moment, 3 Cordilleras 6.47 IPA. It’s a special edition though and is starting to peter out on the shelves so may be going back to their Mestiza American Pale Ale soon.

SiofCannock
    Free Member

I always come back to a bit of Purity. Pure UBU Pure Gold or Mad Goose all good.

Freedom brewery from round ‘ere does nice lager.

orangespyderman

1664, please.

(And non-1664 “regular” Kronenbourg when in France)
    Dear me. 1664 is OK, and quite refreshing when served chilled, on tap on a hot day. “Kro” (the bog standard stuff) is quite simply appalling. I’d rather drink Heineken, and that’s saying quite a bit.

I’m currently having a bit of a relationship with one of the Leffe Royales. Don’t know if you can get them in the UK (and probably getting less and less likely by the day 😆 ) but it’s the Cascade IPA Leffe Royale. It’s a decent brew (and not a Leffe fan at all).

Disclaimer – I’m in France and the choice of beers is generally shite.

slimporcini
    Free Member

there are far too many amazing beers to choose from to pick one, the magic rock cloudwater collab ‘Three’s company’ has been a top one for me over the last couple of weeks. Millstone brewery’s True Grit is always good too. Got a can of Northern Monk’s DIPA and Magic Rock’s Cannonball in the fridge for this evening.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

now I’m fickle….
    Friday night included the Holgate Temptress – stout well that was on the list
    Then the Moo Brew Velvet Sledgehammer
    Then the local pubs Brown Ale
    Then their smoked porter
    then Siera Nevada’s black beer
    Then there was the 6 pack of Pirate life on Saturday mixed it up couldn’t decide which was my top beer

It’s a tough life

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Damn the hipster are out today,

Such a tricky question, having drunk beer in well over 50 countries it’s a tough one,
    Best pint in the last year without doubt antillia brewing in st Lucia

Although I do love German bier, it would have been far easier to ask top 10 or top 20
    It’s all Personal taste
    Fraziskaner, black sheep, Guinness West Indies porter , can’t go wrong with osset brewary either

Depends on my mood and how many I plan to drink, I like an American PA but after a few that’s enough

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Damn the hipster are out today,

I assume you mean that there are people out there making some interesting stuff that might not be to everyones taste?

Keep making it!!

dti

Montys Sunshine, Mischeief or Ding Dong.
    Any Heavy Industry Brewery canned beer
    The super hipster Kernel brewery brews are very good as well.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Favourite Beer’ is closed to new replies.