Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Favourite Beer
  • kiwijohn

Cascade Stout at this time of year.
    Heretic Shallow Grave if I’m feeling plush.
    I do like an IPA like Rogue Yellow Snow or Epic Armageddon, but there are so many good beers coming out of Tassie now.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

When I can get it….

Oh this is good also….

Cheers, Steve

BillOddie

Like others have said Beerbods is a great way to try a lot of great beer.

The only issues I have with Beerbods is that a) I constantly forget the name of the really good beers I try. and b) my tolerance for shit beer is now generally nil.

I generally go for IPAs in the Summer and then Stouts and Porters in the Winter.
    IPAs with NZ hops are a particular favourite.

That being said most of my beer comes from Tesco’s craft selection, which means I’m drinking Vocation Brewery IPAs, Lagunitas (an old favourite from the US now in Tesco) and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Next time I’m in town I need to go to the Brewdog Bottledog with a big bag to stock up.

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

@ orangespyderman – France yeah, last time I was there these were not too shabby:

Northwind

Hambleton’s Good as Gold- one of the first gluten free beers not marketed exclusively to gluten free people. Very nice, and doesn’t explode my stomach.

bainbrge

Brewyork Viking dna

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

In a can it has to be Bengali from Sixpoint Brewery, an absolute hop explosion!
    Draught currently Hobgoblin Gold from Wychwood
    Bottled Amber Adder from Hatherwood Brewery (although it’s Bank’s that brew it and sold at Lidl).

As you can see I’m a fan of pale hoppy beers!

thatscold
    Free Member

I had one of these last month

First time I’d drank one since being in Laos in 2001. It still tastes fantastic.

For a communist country with only one beer – my god they got it right.

PJ266
    Free Member

A good beer, that brings back great memories of WA.

Lifer
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm Waggledance. The taste of summer!

pondo

As a committed lagerer surrounded by leather-elbow-patch ale’istas, I just had two pints of Mad Goose. It was nice, I confess, but I’ve had to retreat to the Neanderthland of lager now, can’t drink a lot of flat stuff.

sv

The Gamma ray vs neck oil comparison query – IMO the gamma ray is a lot more fruity and has less hop oil taste compared to the neck oil. Oddly I found the double neck oil nicer than the normal one, didn’t rate the bloody ‘ell that highly.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

For a quid a bottle wychwood firecracker’s a good light ale, but stringers IPA for best

richardkennerley

Grapefruit highwire

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Fosters……….. (oh OK for real) Jail Ale

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Everyday, and plenty of it….

Not everyday and in slightly more moderate quantities….

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

For a quid a bottle wychwood firecracker’s a good light ale, but stringers IPA for best

Sounds like you are in or near Ulverston thestabaliser….

aether531
    Free Member

Fraoch – Heather Ale. It’s lovely.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Skol FTW

END OF THREAD

ratadog

Partial to a Black Sheep or a Tanglefoot but preference for Golden Ales so Badgers Golden Champion, Wold Gold, Golden Sheep or Thwaites Wainright will all be very acceptable.

Lifer
    Free Member

Wainwright is very nice

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Negra Modello, Sharps Trelawney, LB Brewery Rebel Yell Black IPA, Whitstable Bay Porter. Partial to cold peroni.

akira

Batemans Mocha is very nice, can’t drink too many of them but one or two is about right.

lowey

Closeley followed by

voodoo_chile

Doom bar or Brooklyn (keg) ..but trying a lot of craft/ipa at the moment

gee
    Free Member

Depends on the mood and the weather…

Sunny afternoon – Einstock white or Inedit Damm
    One or two of an evening – La Chouffe
    Something heavier with a good meaty dinner – St Bernadus 12

yunki
    Free Member

We enjoyed some lovely light and fruity citrus ales in New Zealand last year, and have been trying to track down the closest possible match since we got home…

This little brewery is a couple of miles up the road from us and uses plenty of new world hop varieties.. They brewed a short run one off special called Citra using lots of NZ hops which took us straight back to Matapouri beach or hot evenings at the Butter Factory bar in Whangerai..
    After travelling to the other side of the globe, the closest beer comes from one of our local brewers!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

@kronos, indeed, crake valley, but local loyalty aside stringers is a cracking brew

benmotogp46
    Free Member

Counting down the days of this Dry January. Why do it to ourselves?

ton

god knows how i missed this.

a few faves hers,
    Ilkley mary jane
    Loweswater gold
    Magic rock curious/ringmaster

or most nice pales and blondes.

ferrals
    Free Member

Absolute favourite beer is Village Elder, now no longer brewed, from the Flowerpots in Cheriton. However as it’s no longer brewed and I’ve not had a pint of it in well over a decade, absence might be making the heart grow fonder.

Standard favourite tipple these days is St. Austell’s Tribute, as much from habit as anything as I worked in a St Austell owned inn for a fair few years and now my local has it

mamadirt
    Free Member

Creature Comforts Tropicalia IPA 😛

Super-hard to get hold of but totally worth it!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’m currently enjoying a couple of bottles of Copper Dragon Golden Pippin 😀

joat

Ringwood Circadian, it’s what I’m drinking right now and I feel it would be cheating on it to mention a tastier tipple.

Drac

Don’t make me choose. 😐

john_drummer
    Free Member

At the moment Fullers London Porter.

matt10214
    Free Member

Jaipur again!

igm

I tend to ask for a pint of something I haven’t heard of when I wander into a pub, so I guess I’m still looking for a favourite.

speedstar

Alloa brewery ales are awesome but my favourites have to be from the Cromarty Brewery. All brilliant.

NZCol

Yunki-try Long White Cloud from tempest, you can also get Tuatara as modelled on the homepage here. You can also now get Panhead Supercharger , it’s not cheap but by god it’s a bountiful grapefruity stunner, twice NZ beer of the year in fact. Buy some and savour.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Favourite Beer’ is closed to new replies.