Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • FAT v's THIN
  • yodagoat
    Free Member

I was jacknifin the turns down whistler on my Pugsley the other night, it was braw and gid fun. Only fuds don’t like fatbikes.

yodagoat
    Free Member

And I was well fast.

matt_outandabout

Giz a go on your (fat)bike mate….
    I really want a go.

yodagoat
    Free Member

You’re not sick enough dude. I’m literally a riding god.

matt_outandabout

I am just a god-awful rider.

stanfree
    Free Member

GW Is slain by Yodagoat formerly off ‘The Green’ Whistler BC.

alex222
    Free Member

Unless you’re 8 years old I don’t understand why you typed it then. The onion in your tummy was crying?

you got me.

I am 8 and I thought it was droll – and accept it wasn’t droll

So I apologise that I offended your highly tuned sense of adult humour.

But you have to admit they are ugly and pointless. However I will concede that if any one tries to take the piss (admittedly in an un funny manor) you get to slap them down and then tell the world that its you that knows how to have fun through a grimace.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Don’t know about him but I don’t have to admit they are ugly and pointless. We don’t all have to like the same things. Try riding one on the beach, then you may just see the point. I don’t feel the need to go riding on beaches so I don’t have one, but I can see why you’d have one if you did want to ride on beaches. With the right pilot they can be quite rapid on singletrack too. I ride singlespeed, I don’t expect everybody to get it and I don’t care if they don’t because it makes me happy.

rOcKeTdOg

WTF are you? the fun police? does going slower but ending up more tired for it give a better “sense” of fun?

slower, more tired? where did you pluck that one from?, ah,see you do have an imagination, i’m impressed! lighten up chap, if life isn’t fun it’s not worth living

alex222
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir

your post reminds me of this

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMF5MjzgJrM[/video]

GW
    Free Member

From riding both back to back RD, any decent fatbike rider who has seen how I ride my hardtail would concede that too. Why are you taking it to heart?

My hardtail would be slower and more tiring on the beach or over snow.

rOcKeTdOg

Why are you taking it to heart?

GW
    Free Member

sorry, you’re well south of the border aren’t you?
    translation = “taking it personally”?

rOcKeTdOg

i know what it means, i’m just not sure why you said it 😀

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Probably because your being a rotten barsteward.

shaggy

I like riding my fat bikes. On snow they are the only way to go. They are, however, a lot of fun on normal trails. Perhaps they aren’t as fast as some other bikes, but not every ride is a race, is it?

GW
    Free Member

I’m genuinely interested in why you are wasting your time blindly defending a certain type of bike’s shortcomings.

I’m guessing you at least have one?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

FFS GW give it a rest.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m genuinely interested in why you are wasting your time blindly defending a certain type of bike’s shortcomings.

i’m not, but i have won the twitter bet linked to this thread, was easy money really 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

FFS GW give it a rest.

Hate to say It but . +1

Fairly innocouous thread with a picture of 2 nice looking bikes drawn out to a boring tit for tat . 😕

This forum is getting fairly shite .

Keef
    Free Member

getting ?

yunki
    Free Member

RD are you Cornish!?

Do they approve of nichewhoring in Kernow..?

rOcKeTdOg
    yunki
    Free Member

Put in with the cakes and taken out with the buns..

you learn something new every day.. 😀

andyl
    Free Member

just skipped past all the rubbish informative posts above so this may have been mentioned but your fat bike is in big chainring and big/biggish cassette! I can almost hear your rear dérailleur and chain straining from here!

yodagoat
    Free Member

Who do I follow to get on this twatter bet thing?
    I don’t think GW hates fatbikes as much as you all think. I think he wants one.

cozz
    Free Member

yeah I know, chain jumped off when I was getting it out my car got caught, so just fed it back on to big ring

singlespeedstu

I don’t think GW hates fatbikes as much as you all think. I think he wants one.

I don’t think he hates them at all.

I just think he’s struggling with them not fitting in with his boomgnar STW image. 😆

I also like the way rocketdog avoided the question on if he owned a fatbike. 😆

smell_it
    Free Member

This is like a flash back to the older 29’er threads, same faces saying the same stuff, it’s like rats trapped in a maze with no exit. Awesome 8)

druidh
    Free Member

smell_it – Member
    This is like a flash back to the older 29’er carbon disk brake full suspension tubeless threads, same faces saying the same stuff, it’s like rats trapped in a maze with no exit. Awesome

smell_it
    Free Member

Fair point, I forgot it was you lot promoting every latest invention. I’m begining to wonder if this could be linked to disposable income…..

rOcKeTdOg

*wins more thanx to SSStu*

Woop!

singlespeedstu

druidh.

You forgot singlespeed,CX,2×9 and 1×10. 8)

RD what have you “won”?

Is it the biscuit? You’re welcome to it. Looks a bit soggy salty for my tastes. 😛

mboy
    Free Member

I had a go on a fat bike once…

It’s true what they say, the fat ones do try harder!

Still, I’ll stick to the skinny(er) ones for now, it’s one thing that they try harder, but it’s a whole world of embarrassment introducing them to your mates!

😉

GW
    Free Member

😆 @ Stu

and you’re right, I don’t hate fatbikes, haven’t ever said I do

martinxyz
    Free Member

I have to say that I am with GW on the fat bike down spooky wood question.

After going out on the Turner flux earlier this eve after weeks on the salsa spearfish.. 26×2.1 is the way to go til the day I die!

rOcKeTdOg

This thread is like Duffers Bingo! Keep crossing out the numbers guys, so close to a full house 🙂

drofluf
    Free Member

tracknicko – Member
    maybe this is a good time to ask…

what are fat bikes for?

i rode one the other day briefly. it weighed about 17 tonnes, and wouldnt turn. like literally wouldnt turn.

i dont get it.

so… serious question:

what are they for?

I think you could extend that question to all mountain bikes.

At the end of the day most people’s rides involve riding in circles, getting covered in mud, getting tired, maybe injured and breaking expensive parts. That’s essentially what I do on myfat bike. Pretty pointless really isn’t it?

But it’s fun! You just need to open your mind a little and accept that different people enjoy themselves in different ways.

And I promised myself that I wouldn’t get involved…..

surlynot
    Free Member

Fat Bikes on the Singletrack Forum = this.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Saw these and thought of you fat bike lovers..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘FAT v's THIN’ is closed to new replies.