Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fat bike: Specialized comp review anyone?
  • instanthit
    Free Member

Thinking about buying one, but hard to find any current reviews. LBS are offering me a £300 discount thinking its to good to miss, anyone got one and share some thoughts on it.
    I have only ridden the on one Fatty briefly and loved it, i do a fair bit of bivvying on Dartmoor, otherwise just “normal” mtb.
    Thanks in advance.

mcnultycop

Was looking at them with decent money off in leisure lakes yesterday. Look great. I stopped myself though.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I haven’t got the splesh fatty …but when doing my research prior to buying one …IMO I thought the spec on the cheapest one wasn’t great for the money…I found the Rose Tusker to be much better bang for bucks…just my opinion !!

But then it’s a fatty…and there is no price on fun!!

honourablegeorge

Have ridden two Fatbikes – the Specialized and the Trek. Specialized came with pretty cheap brakes and drivetrain, but the Wheels, tyres, frame and fork are light, and the bike is great fun to ride as a result.

Also rode a Trek Farley, which was heavy and much, much less fun.

I think if you’re looking for high end componentry, the Specialized might disappoint, but those important parts of the bike are where your money’s going. Whether it represents value, I dunno, but it’s great fun to ride.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got a Fatboy Pro reduced in the sale and I flipping love it.

One of the things that put me off the Comp was the poor brakes and a few other key components that made the upcharge worth it.

Great ride; those big Ground Controls are a grippy tyre and you have confidence in the ride.

Downsides are the lack of Bluto compatibility on the front wheel and Gripshifts don’t suit everyone.

But it always makes me smile, and everyone loves to have a look when you are out and about.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fat bike: Specialized comp review anyone?’ is closed to new replies.