• This topic has 12 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grey.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Blairadam routes help
  • BigR

I am picking my son up from Fife on Sunday and thought we would have a blast round Blairadam in the afternoon. Are the trails obvious and is there a good way to link them up. I don’t want to be accused of getting him lost again.

bearGrease

Paging Vorlich.

Trails not obvious at all, look for the bent blade of grass by the fire road and that’s where you go in.

BigR

Doesn’t sound promising 🙁

vorlich
    Free Member

You called? 😀

map

Taken from this thread

Not my work, but it covers most of it. There is a GPX linked on TS too. Start from the top car park just up from the Kelty slip road, rather than deeper in the forest. Then head up toward the mast at Cowden wood. Keep your eyes peeled.

BearGrease, it’s been too long, when we heading back? It’ll be night riding before long!

EDIT. Actually the GPX is 404ing, here’s my usual route, well most of it, I accidentally turned Strava off.

BigR

Thanks, hopefully it stays dry and my map reading is up to scratch.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Blairadam’s never dry but it’s not too bad at the moment.

A general rule of thumb for the main trails is to ride them west-east and if you’re north of the burn (look at Vorlich’s map), trails run north-south; if you’re south of the burn, trails run south-north. Some of the entrances aren’t obvious so I’d look on Strava for a map.

BigR

Thanks for the map links. Great afternoon with only one wrong turning. The trail down from the mast was fab although the long grass in the top half made it interesting. Hopefully will make it back although I can imagine it is different in the wet!

bearGrease

You had a nice day for it. It’s wet-root-tastic for 11 months of the year.

vorlich
    Free Member

Only one wrong turn is pretty good going. Did you find the jump route? It runs through some ‘open’ birch wood.

The trail down from the mast was fab although the long grass in the top half made it interesting.

And to think this is the trail everyone moans about due to the push/ride back out. Some folk, eh bearGrease? 😉

bearGrease

Some folk, eh bearGrease?

Soft buggers the lot of them.

grey

Hoping the dry weather holds for this weeks evening up there 🙂

BigR

Not sure about the jump route. Did a couple of runs down from the fireroad that curves round after the mast trail. We went back up after chatting to a couple of locals who pointed back up the fireroad and told us to keep turning right – seemed to work. Had a great final run including trying to take my head off on a fallen tree that I didn’t see because of the visor on my helmet. There seemed to be loads of trails in the lower section but we only seemed to find the end rather than the beginning.

grey

BigR have a look at Fife Meetup group
    Usually a weekly ride at Blairadam, you may even meet me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Blairadam routes help’ is closed to new replies.