Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • FAO Bikers at ladybower today
  • myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

By the way – check out these awesome photos (not mine):

http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/dambusters

Coleman
    Free Member

myfatherwasawolf – That's a great solution.

Bomber Biking. Get airlifted in, just like Heli-skiing. Parking problems now a thing of the past.

pitduck
    Free Member

op get over your self 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you say "tom-ate-oh" and I say "tom-ah-toe" 🙂

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

pitduck – Member

op get over your self

duck off

DirtyLyle
    Free Member

Best. Thread. Ever. It's like being out with 3 bickering couples.

devs
    Free Member

I've been to the Peak(s), I parked on that dead road thingy at Castletown, there were heaps of spaces. It's over rated in my book. Wrexham is much better. Go there.

boxelder

So that's what all that owned with bombers rubbish was all about.

p.s. everything north of the M25 was glaciated

oh, and another thing – the steep side of Mam Tor is a land slip

OOh, and it's not against the law to drink tea and drive.

and, and, that only one lake in the Lakes is 'mere' piffle.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

It's a land slip because it was oversteepened. Probably by glacial processes, albiet not a ****-off glacier en-route to Castleton.. The Mam Tor Sandstones slipped on the impermeable-ish Edale Shales which acted as a lubricated slip surface. My car slipped on ice at the side of the road on the way to the Mam Tor car park, which confuses matters considerably.

Drac

I must say it was very busy up here in Northumberland at the weekend, we must have seen 5 or 6 people and 3 other bikers out riding on Good Friday. Shocking it was.

will
    Free Member

This thread gets better! Drinking tea whilst driving argument now 😆

We should arrange a forum ride with everybody who has had an input in this thread!

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

no drink driving here – well in the cup holder

will
    Free Member

Thats ok then 😆

Coleman
    Free Member

"We should arrange a forum ride with everybody who has had an input in this thread!"

Good idea Will, but where in gods name would we park!

boxelder

but where in gods name would we park!

Don't go taking the Good Lord's name in vain, especially at this time of year…..

ventanarider
    Free Member

Back on topic. Last year wardens were ticketing all the illegaly parked cars on the verges at ladybower. Perhaps they should have been out again. They would have made a fortune, perhaps enough to repair the damage to the verges!

hora
    Free Member

**** the verges. Who cares? If you care that much stop eroding Bridleways, footpaths and trails with your nobbly mountain bike tyres.

The Peaks isn't the Queens Garden. Its WILD.

What next? A plan to clean up all the sheep, cow and horse shit that litters everywhere?

cuckoo
    Free Member

The Peaks isn't the Queens Garden. Its WILD

IMO its the wild places that need protecting not the man-made landscapes like the queens garden.

Of course the peak is not wild and is very much a landscape shaped by man. The lush forests long since chopped down and used for farming pasture. The heather moorland encouraged by gamekeepers for shooting parties.

The rare peatland habitats now used by 4×4's as skid patches and we still try and tell other "3rd world" countries how to manage their environments and that they should preserve their rainforests. Hardly leading by example are we.

wiltsrover
    Free Member

iain1775 – Member

BTW Im from Derbyshire so have more claim to the PeakS than those of you with a Yorkshire postcode – f*ck off back to your own county why don't you

Being originally from a village on the Lincolnshire/Yorkshire border and frequenting the Peaks (as we refer to The Peak District colloquially) whenever I get home to visit my relatives, my only answer to yourself and the other good burghers of Derbyshire has to be….

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I thank you

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

🙂

#
    hora – Member

**** the verges. Who cares? If you care that much stop eroding Bridleways, footpaths and trails with your nobbly mountain bike tyres.

The Peaks isn't the Queens Garden. Its WILD.

What next? A plan to clean up all the sheep, cow and horse shit that litters everywhere?
    Posted 1 hour ago #

Hora you really are a bell end! **** the verges – if tahts teh attitude **** teh countryside and lets throw litter everywhere, light fires on the moors. Stop being a cock – everybody on here knows you are without trying (pardon the pun) to ram it down everybodies throats!!

iain1775
    Free Member

if tahts teh attitude **** teh

'e' or 'a' after 'h' especially before 't'
    Can't you type – I think not! 🙄

BadlyWiredDog

There was barely anyone out on Bank Holiday Monday, we saw: two riders on Cut Gate going the other way (a good plan), a few leisure cyclists on the track alongside the res at Ladybower, about half a dozen coming down Lockerbrook. one crossing the A57 by Potato Ally, four on the Roman Road, none on Rushup and two on the Roych Track. The only place that felt remotely busy was the tea shack at Fairholme.

Driving anywhere in the Peak on a Bank Holiday weekend is strictly for muppets.

Andituk
    Free Member

Can't you type – I think not!

Don't you mean after T? Or can't you type 😆

GavinB

Best thread ever on STW, a real smorgasbord of pithy sarcasm, dim witted pedantry and plain blind ignorance. Brilliant.

Oh lookee, you even managed to squeeze the belter in about the number of lakes in the Lakes! 10/10

ton

i always think of the peak as a safe bet…………
    a bit like a trail center but not………
    for those that get a bit worried out in the real outdoors.

zokes
    Free Member

If it's any help, I'm off camping with the missus in the Lake_ this weekend.

What

A

Bunch

Of

Morons

🙄

Pook

Which Lake zokes? Do you put your tent in a dinghy?

zokes
    Free Member

Seeing as a national park with numerous peaks now appears to be called the 'Peak', and I'm staying in a national park with numerous meres, yet curiously only one lake, I'm sure it should definitely be called the 'Lake', as clearly referring to the Lake District as the 'Lakes' is ridiculous on both those counts.

Apparently it only has one lake, and even if it had more, we don't use 's' for plural any more, apparently. The hive mind wisdom of STW has truly been on form on this thread….

Do you put your tent in a dinghy?

I hadn't thought of that, but similarly – you lot riding around in the 'Peak' – is there one big cave I don't know about?

iain1775
    Free Member

Andituk – Member

Can't you type – I think not!

Don't you mean after T? Or can't you type

Nope I don't see any capital letters in the original posters spelling mistakes! Can't you see?
    (just thought we had done moaning and arguing over everything other than spelling) 😈

Ambrose

Here in Carmarthenshire I'm looking out of my window looking at the Brecons 😉 No problems parking outside of MY house. I'm drinking a nice cup of tea, sort of inspired to do so by the Chris Askrigg vid I watched earlier. Good tea too, none of your Yorkshire Tea, proper Lapsang Suchong for me, with milk (locally produced organic milk). My Howies top was brought locally too, made from properly certified New Zealand merino wool. The animal's quality of life makes up for the non local sourcing that I always strive to do.

The mountains here are bigger than the hills around the peaks. The riding is pretty poor though, so today i shall plant some bulbs instead 😉

Pook

Lapsang Suchong for me, with milk

Heathen. Should build that wall up again. Hadrian……!

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I always remember being told that the name 'Peak' comes from the Anglo Saxon Pecsaetan tribe – and therefore it had to be the 'Peak', not the 'Peaks'. However, it turns out that Pecsaetan means 'Peaklanders': people who lived in the land of peaks. Or peak, I'm not sure. I'm from the Peak District and always called it the Peaks. Anyway, the Pecsaetan people left when parking became a real problem, horses and carts all over the place.

I did once go camping in the Lake District, or the Lake, as it's commonly refered to:

boxelder

Only one lake with Lake in it's name (Bassenthwaite). Plenty others though. Not all mountains have Mount in their name. Is WABOM now a recognised acronym/textyweb thing – should be.
    myfatherwasawolf – have you been pi$$ing in our lake, it's looking a dodgy colour. p.s. double 'r' in referred, you sonofabitch.
    (did you see what I did there?? 😆 😳 )

MartinGT
    Free Member

Some SERIOUS PMT in this thread hehe 🙂

boxelder

PMT? = Peak Misnomer Twaddle?

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

myfatherwasawolf – have you been pi$$ing in our lake, it's looking a dodgy colour. p.s. double 'r' in referred, you sonofabitch.

I've always spelt it with a single 'r', therefore it is corrrect. I use the spare 'r' in other places. And yes, I have been pissing in your lake.

will
    Free Member

Ambrose

Who added the 'Locally Sourced ****' Tag? Nicely done!

Viewing 38 posts - 81 through 118 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘FAO Bikers at ladybower today’ is closed to new replies.