Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fake Likes on Facebook pages
  • trekstar
    Free Member

Anyone noticed the amount of Facebook pages that go from having a couple of thousand Likes to hundreds of thousands in a few months? Loads of companies are buying likes to make themselves look more successful and ultimately encourage genuine people to like their page.

Good article here about how you’re actually ruining your fanbase by doing this – http://michaelbrandvold.com/blog/2013/04/analysis-of-the-impact-of-buying-facebook-likes-you-loose-money-likes-and-engagement-with-real-fans

timc
    Free Member

Been happening for years across all the popular sites, Youtube (Fake Views & Likes), Facebook (Fake Likes), Twitter (Fake Followers), Even on Soundcloud etc now…

bruneep

Cougar

I tend to avoid “like us to enter a competition” links wherever possible, I don’t really like the idea of having my personal endorsement bought.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Shares*

wwaswas

Retweets.

oh, hang on.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I tend to avoid “like us to enter a competition” links wherever possible, I don’t really like the idea of having my personal endorsement bought.

A lot of up and coming Djs and bands will offer free downloads of new tracks, remixes etc if you like the page. I tend to like then unlike if its shite or if I dont like it.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yup, I’m always amazed when some of the more inteligent people I know pop up as So And So liked this, “like and share this to win an ‘overstocked iPad’/£500 at ASDA”. Blatantly a marketing company building up likes to sell onto someone else, there never was an “overstocked iPad” or £500.

I mean seriously, they shop at ASDA?

trekstar
    Free Member

Yeah there are also companies in mexico,china,india etc who you can pay for x number of likes on your page if you pay them enough. You can tell who’s at it by clicking on the number of likes on their page and seeing what city the page is most poular in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fake Likes on Facebook pages’ is closed to new replies.