Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Facebook users – unresolvable issue. Help needed
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Somebody in Spain has set up a Facebook account and for some bizarre reason one of my email accounts has been associated with it. This email is my current main email address, but not the one I originally set up my Facebook account with. Her name is a million miles removed from mine, and my email account has not been hacked so it must be some kind of Facebook system issue.

I am getting email alerts for her, but can’t cancel them as the alert settings are for my Facebook account, but the alerts are coming from hers.

There is no way of contacting Facebook by phone, email, chat etc. Everything points you back to the help pages. There is a specific help item about someone using your email address on their account which tells you to add the email address to be associated your own account. Of course when you try to do this it doesn’t work as Facebook just tells you that that email address is already associated with another account

I don’t really use my Facebook account, but want to keep it and I keep getting these email alerts on activity, tagged photos etc. Sometimes I get 10 or more in an evening so very frustrating.

Any ideas to resolve from the STW hive mind much appreciated

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Send her a polite message asking ber to check that on her account?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Just message her and ask her to change her settings?

dknwhy

I think we’re all avoiding the obvious here…..

Is she hot?

piemonster

I’d report my account as hacked/compromised and see what happens.

https://www.facebook.com/hacked

njee20
    Free Member

Can you not try and login with your email address (as her), change your email address – ideally to hers, but y’know, whatever.

piemonster

This thread is useless without pictures

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

piemonster – Member

This thread is useless without pictures

mossimus
    Free Member

you could always change her password then contact her via her FB friends to resolve.

dknwhy

Whoa. She’d love you long time.

My theory is that it’s a an elaborate Asian bride trap. Still would though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Don’t think I could log into her account as I have no way of guessing the password, especically as she is Spanish. Looking at her page, seems she works in Burger King

I have sent her a Facebook message – see if that works. Don’t know if she speaks English so she may not even understand it

mossimus
    Free Member

Don’t think I could log into her account as I have no way of guessing the password, especically as she is Spanish. Looking at her page, seems she works in Burger King

Surely if you go to the forgotten password page the new details will be sent to your email?

MSP

Go to her page, click on the thing that looks like a cog, select report, fill in the details of your complaint.

martinhutch

Surely if you go to the forgotten password page the new details will be sent to your email?

This. Log in, change the email to some random thing, post up an instagram of you looking cute, job done.

nealglover
    Free Member

This.

The fact that the new password will be sent to your email address means you have total control over her account (if you want it)

sobriety
    Free Member

Do it, and post the password here. Fun times ahoy!

andyl
    Free Member

And check for any private pics? 😉

johndoh
    Free Member

Post her Facebook account here!

allthepies
    Free Member

I had this a few months back. Can’t remember what I did about it however.

Facebook did have a process for dealing with it, I’ll try and remember 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

To quote Steven Tyler….Dude looks like a lady.

😉

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

No interest in trying to muck around with her account. Just trying the logging in route. Will report back.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Nope, thats not going to work. Did the password reset and confirmed but to confirm its the right person and not a hacker Facebook are asking for further identification. I have to identify the names of several people tagged in photos which is clearly impossible

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Specifically –

Tus respuestas no son suficientemente precisas. Vuelve a intentarlo con respuestas más específicas.

nealglover
    Free Member

Go for this option then ….

Go to her page, click on the thing that looks like a cog, select report, fill in the details of your complaint.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Go for this option then ….

I will give that a try, although I already did that from my page and nothing happened

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Just email your email provider, and tell them that someone is using your account. They will sort it.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

allthepies – Member

I had this a few months back. Can’t remember what I did about it however.

Facebook did have a process for dealing with it, I’ll try and remember

Would be great if you can rack your brain. Not getting anywhere at present. If you log a report it just says they will use it “to improve Facebook”. Otherwise there are no options to specifically report someone using your email

Just email your email provider, and tell them that someone is using your account. They will sort it.

Don’t think thats going to work. She is not using my email address, its just associated with the wrong Facebook account so its not an email issue

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Facebook users – unresolvable issue. Help needed’ is closed to new replies.