Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Facebook etiquette
  • CashCowell
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Got a quick question for the collective mind.

I’m not a big facebook user but was coerced into joining a few years ago. Went throught the whole accepting of friends from school etc etc, then realised there was a good reason I hadn’t kept in touch with them, racists, idiots, losers, idiotic racist losers. You know, just people I don’t want to know so I deleted the majority of them.

Now it seems that coming up to Xmas they’re all requesting to be friends again… what would you do? Is it ruder to ignore their requests or to accept then delete in time for the NY.

Many thanks,

Sam.

woody2000

The question is, why do you GAF? And are you 15 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

by ignoring it it doesnt send them a message saying you’ve ignored them. just leaves the friend request hanging in the air. they’re none-the-wiser.

i say ignore them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Friend them then just hide posts by them.

soma_rich
    Free Member

ignore
    if they ask again
    block

CashCowell
    Free Member

Yeah Woody I see th point in your somewhat predictable answer, but I do see them occasionally when I’m out and about and I’m not one to offend people needlessly.

Pook

chances are they’ve sent friend requests as prompted by Facebook. Just ignore. They’ll have sent millions and to be honest, they probably aren’t sat there thinking “why hasn’t cash added me as a friend, boo hoo hoo”. Important friends will stay in touch off FB. If they don’t do that, they are not important.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

thinks: “Easily led” 🙁

cupra
    Free Member

ignore them. If I wouldn’t want to be friends out of facebook why would I want to be friends on it?

thomthumb
    Free Member

is it not as simple as are they your friends or not?

If thay are not my friend i ignore them. this includes people who might have been my friend once for a week in 1989 until they stole my push pop out of my tray and we have not been friends since.

HTH

Olly
    Free Member

accept accept!!
    and add people youve never even met too!
    and facestalk people you wish you could meed
    having MILLIONS of facebook friends is the only way to feel selfworth!

RealMan
    Free Member

Friend them then just hide posts by them.

+1

nodrog2
    Free Member

Have you seen Catfish? A rather good film out at the moment and a warning to all facebook users.

Ignore them i say unless of course you are a nosey bugger then accept them all.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“but I do see them occasionally when I’m out and about and I’m not one to offend people needlessly.”

When you see them out next just say you don’t use that Facebook crap and its just for people who have no life.

CashCowell
    Free Member

I’m not at all nosey, couldn’t care less what they’re up to hence the culling of ‘friends’ earlier this year.

Most real-life friends aren’t on there either so I’m down to just ex-girlfriends and potential future ex’s and a random collection of mtbrs.

sharki
    Free Member

If they once were FB friends then you deleted them for a reason and that was your choice then.

I went through the whole adding old school friends, etc too.

Those that i interacted with, shared comments, and generally communicated with on a mutual interest basis are still there. Others were deleted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I accept everyone and then never ever post anything on facebook ever.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I can’t remember where I heard it, but I use the principal that if I wouldn’t invite them to my house for a brew then I don’t have them as a FB friend.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Facebook etiquette’ is closed to new replies.