Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • New Bike Today! Well, OK it's a motorbike but…..
  • solarider
    Free Member

Collected my brand new ’11 model R1200 GSA this morning. Shame it was raining. It would have been nice to have it looking shiny for at least a day! Traded in my ’08 R1200 GS.

Out for a proper ride tomorrow to get those 600 miles under 4k revs under my belt. First impressions are fantastic. Much smoother gear change. Much throatier exhaust note. Can’t notice that it feels heavier or less agile, but certainly more imposing on the road. Oh, and the new horn sounds far less like a toy car than the old one!

I know there a few petrol heads lurking on the site, so this one’s for you!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Are you german? You are only allowed alloy cases if you are german. tsk tsk

Only joking. Enjoy.

RealMan
    Free Member

Admitting you have a BMW on STW? Brave, even if it is a two wheeled one.

solarider
    Free Member

BMW car drivers have a certain reputation, but BMW bike drivers are definitely the Volvo car drivers of the bike world. If you look hard enough, there is a holder on the dashboard for a pipe and slippers! That wind shield is specially designed to waft pipe smoke gently into the face of the rider as he ambles along.

Only joking, it’s like s**t of a shovel! Can’t wait to get passed the run-in stage.

Not sure about the alloy cases either Jeremy. I had the expanding Vario cases on my last one which were a bit more practical, but these do look the business! Hand made, hand welded. They are nice, and the only option on the Adventure.

Marge
    Free Member

That’s **** lurvely….

I am in 2 minds about upgrading my R1150GSA but the price is a bit of turn-off.
    I would only use it in exactly the same manner as my 1150 anyway so probably wouldn’t appreciate the difference.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m sure it’ll be nice when it’s finished.

skiboy
    Free Member

very nice looking midlife crisis 😀

gearfreak
    Free Member

Nice bike, thinking I may have to invest in a new Triumph Tiger when they are released later this year/early next year.

Not going to be up there with the GS, but a bit more friendly on the bank balance.

Blacklug
    Free Member

A bit too practical in a motorbiking sense. Not too far removed from a car in my opinion to be honest.

Now, if it looked like this…

Merak

Are you planning to circumnavigate the world? 😉

grim168
    Free Member

By eck you’ve got some accessories on that. Must have cost a packet. Nice bike mind. I have a 1050 tiger but have always fancied a gs.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Very nice to clean needs to be taken off road plenty of lanes about just getting muddy.Great for an overland tour.

qwerty
    Free Member

why aren’t bicycle rims drilled and laced that way (laterally) ❓

rebus
    Free Member

Charlie and Ewan to the forum

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

I’m always amazed how fast GSs can be hussled through the twisties by a half decent rider. A couple of guys I ride with have them (as well as other bikes) and I’ve tried dropping them on my old ZX6R and my current Aprilia Tuono. I can, but I have to work bl00dy hard to do so.

Nice bike btw!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Today! Well, OK it's a motorbike but…..’ is closed to new replies.