Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 232 total)
  • F1 with poss spoliers..
  • berni
    Free Member

rare thing that Schumacher isn’t the biggest **** on the circuit, well done Lewis.

zokes
    Free Member

So I’m told, this point is being made on that twitter thing:

“My road car works in the rain, my street doesn’t flood, why can’t we go racing?”

These guys are the best drivers in the world. They should be able to make a balance between speed and survival. They shouldn’t need mollycoddling, and Vettel moaning like a kid is frankly shameful for someone of his apparent ability. He also has previous on this in other races where he was hoping for a race he was winning to be red flagged, when Hamilton and co wanted to just get on with it.

16stonepig
    Free Member

She wrote another song that might be relevant here. Can’t remember for the life of me what it’s called, but it has the word “Umbrella” in it I think.

jon1973
    Free Member

rare thing that Schumacher isn’t the biggest **** on the circuit

Especially when you consider Schumacher has the huge advantage of being German 😉

PJM1974
    Free Member

It’s easy for us to say “MTFU”, but how many of us would fill our shreddies trying to drive a 600kg, 800bhp RWD car around a soggy track? I would…

Maybe an argument for bringing traction control and ABS back though?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Blimey why is there so much anger and abuse towards Hamilton and other drivers – people make mistakes, choices which don’t fit in with out view of life but throwing abuse at them is just childish!

jon1973
    Free Member

Blimey why is there so much anger and abuse towards Hamilton and other drivers

They’re all racists 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

choices which don’t fit in with out view of life but throwing abuse at them is just childish!

New here?

16stonepig
    Free Member

Blimey why is there so much anger and abuse towards Hamilton and other drivers – people make mistakes, choices which don’t fit in with out view of life but throwing abuse at them is just childish!

It’s because he’s black.

I am loving the way DC and Brundle are just reduced to talking bollocks. For half an hour.

donsimon
    Free Member

They’re all racists

Not at the moment, they’re not.

berni
    Free Member

It is very generous of Lewis to stay and help the team are he embarrassed himself, sure he can wait to spend that £million + he earns for each race

druidh
    Free Member

Question: Is there / has there ever been, any openly gay F1 drivers??

aracer
    Free Member

overall speeds are much lower

Average lap speeds might be lower, but they’re still hitting very similar speeds entering the braking zones.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This ‘I’m harder than you’ chat between Brundle & Coultard is wearing a bit thin

Still, rain and people eating biscuits in glorious High Definition, top Sunday nigh entertainment 😐

jon1973
    Free Member

Because of course the English are soo lovely…

Have you had a Sense of Humourectomy?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Just as an aside, Elfin does have a point…the English seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder about anything German (or French for that matter). Schumacher is the most successful driver in F1 history, yes he’s German, now can we please get over the latter fact?

Rant over.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Have you had a Sense of Humourectomy?

No, have you?  😉 Love the irony…

I just thought, if we were playing ‘negative national stereotypes’, it only fair to involve my own nation too….

warton
    Free Member

they can’t race as the cars turn into boats in rain like this. aqua planing, no steering, no braking. Impossible to drive.

how long before they think about calling it off?

16stonepig
    Free Member

I get sick of the German bashing actually. The whole WW2 things seems to be more significant to us than it does to them these days. It’s been 70 years…

That said, MS is still a ****

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yay!

Cake!!!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s almost as exciting as cricket, now. They’re having cups of tea and cake! 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

jon1973
    Free Member

the English seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder about anything German

The number of German cars you see on the roads in England is just one example which would suggest otherwise. Just a little banter. I was kind of thinking about the Blackadder line when I made that comment. Nothing to get too excited about.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Is that the ‘Edinburgh Defence’, by any chance? 😉

Bit of ‘banter’ is fine. As long as you can take what you dish out, eh?

I do find it amusing that I did exactly the same as you, yet I’m the one with the apparent ‘sense of humour failure’… 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Banter? Next time England play Germany at football, just pick up a copy of The Sun.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Meanwhile, in Race Control…..

jon1973
    Free Member

Banter?

I was referring to my comment. Didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Is that the ‘Edinburgh Defence’, by any chance?

No.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Didn’t mean to offend anyone.

Ah, the Duke of Edinburgh Defence! 😆

brakes
    Free Member

jon1973
    Free Member

Back on track. There’s a serious chance they may cancel the Antiques Roadshow if this goes on. The rain isn’t all bad.

You have to hand it to the commentators for being able to talk non-stop for hours when no cars are moving.

damo2576
    Free Member

I enjoy Antiques Roadshow?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Could’ve had an episode of Dad’s Army in the time it’s taken…

donsimon
    Free Member

Who don’t like it up ’em?

highclimber
    Free Member

cancelling Antiques Roadshow is less likely than cancelling the Queen’s Speech i’d have thought!

jon1973
    Free Member

Who don’t like it up ’em?

We’re not allowed to mention the war.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Special red safety car! 😀

I hope Ted’s trousers dry out.

‘Race car’ spells ‘race car’ backwards!

Brundle is on fire today…

sturmey
    Free Member

surely with ice hockey being the national sport they should be able to lay their hands on some of those machines they use for cleaning the rink for shifting the water.

16stonepig
    Free Member

That George Lucas is a bit short, isn’t he?

jon1973
    Free Member

why are they talking to George Lucas?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

‘cos they’ve run out of things to talk about

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 232 total)

The topic ‘F1 with poss spoliers..’ is closed to new replies.