Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • F1 Singabore or a good race
  • druidh
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member

Best moment was Kovalaainen avoiding going into the pits (could have been incredibly dangerous with all the fuel lines there),

Do they still have fuel lines now that re-fuelling in-race doesn’t happen (I guess there would be some at the back of the garages). I assumed he’d carried on over the line as that would give him another full lap (the race was close to being completed on time rather than distance). Still a remarkably “cool” decision 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Good point actually, I forgot there’s no in-pit refuelling. I was just wondering why he would deliberately avoid going into the pits. Whatever, it was a quick bit of thinking, and hats off to him. Possibly saved someone from serious injury.

Just loved the way there’s this car ablaze, and he’s cooly hosing it down. Mind, he does have flameproof overalls on and that I spose.

the-muffin-man

Do they still have fuel lines now that re-fuelling in-race doesn’t happen

There are hundreds of people though! So it probably was wiser to park it on the pit-straight.

Great race, I really enjoyed it. Shame McLaren can’t seem to find the sweet spot with their car. Unless their upgrade for the next race changes things I can only see the title going to a Red Bull driver or Alonso.

skiboy
    Free Member

I would like to see either Hamilton webber or button win the championship, that’s all 😀

69er
    Free Member

Great race, I really enjoyed it. Shame McLaren can’t seem to find the sweet spot with their car

I think the problem is they don’t currently have one…

‘Big upgrade’ is a must work or it’s all over sitaution.
    The pressure is building nicely now ( Vettel pulling away in 2nd!), Alonso will relish it from here on. Especially the final three races.

And I’m a McLaren fan!

samuri
    Free Member

I’d like Hamilton to do better but I can understand why he isn’t.

Despite being a world class racing driver and earning many millions every year, his mind is going to be occupied largely with what he’s going to do to this young lady most of the time, and good luck to him.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Erm, I think all the drivers have similar ‘distractions’! 😀

(You do know she’s not his real girlfriend, don’t you? 😉 )

Pook

Yeah she’s a bloke actually

glenp
    Free Member

Alonso is hands-down the best driver. Another brilliant race from him. If he does win the Championship it will be thoroughly deserved. Hope he doesn’t though, because I’ve always been a big Webber fan, and he’s an amazing driver too.

Bit of bad luck really for Hamilton – 9 times out of 10 the front corner of Webber’s car would have come off worst. LH has had a lot of good luck in the past, and got away with some 50/50 moves – nothing wrong with that, he’s a hugely talented and exciting driver, but sometimes it just isn’t going to work.

As for the OP, it can be a boring race because it is long, but this one was just great. What a season.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

from Hekki’s Twitter feed:

What an evening today! Good start, good strategy, all ok until caught fire at end big time! Was trying to find fire marshall,no luck!

Didn’t wanna bring car to pit lane, at the end of race sometimes many people there and didn’t want it to explode there…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘F1 Singabore or a good race’ is closed to new replies.