Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Exterior Doors (Catflap)
  • bearnecessities

😉

Time to get catflap.

Live in rented accommodation, so will need to ‘fix’ when I go.

Is this section replaceable? So can I butcher it to fit a catflap and the replace it, or is it a whole door job?

Rear doors are cheese eating surrender-monkeys, so that’s not an option.

Thanks, Rich

project
    Free Member

If there ar ebeadfs yu can remove usuall and hopefully onthe inside of door then take pannel out and fit a plywood one with cat flap.

NEVER LEAVE KEYS IN DOOR OR NEAR DOOR WITH A CAT FLAP..

bearnecessities

take pannel out and fit a plywood one with cat flap.

Whilst I wouldn’t care, my neighbours would right be chuffed off with a half-ply door on show!

What are these beads you speak of? (I am not Mcmoonter’s second login).

burt
    Free Member

you should be able to get a plain panel made up for that door, contact a local double glazing firm and ask them. we are in the same position but didnt want ours going out the front onto the road so paid for a new double glazed door panel with a hole in it for the patio door at rear.

Cougar

Presumably if you’re going to replace the panel, you should do that first and put the original back afterwards.

Have you asked the landlord if they mind you fitting to the existing? Might save some work.

bearnecessities

you should be able to get a plain panel made up for that door, contact a local double glazing firm and ask them

Brilliant, cheers I’ll look into that. Any idea what I should be charged roughly including removal/fit?

Have you asked the landlord if they mind you fitting to the existing? Might save some work

Good point, but I pay about 20% less than market value on rent, when landlord ditched agents they passed ALL savings onto me and haven’t increased rent in 4 years I’ve lived here, so in exchange I don’t bother them with any issues, fix non-safety things myself/at my cost etc – in same manner I just want to get done and ensure is ‘as was’ when I moved in, when I leave.

mrmo
    Free Member

The bottom piece is a feature panel, the manufacturer i was working for knocked them out at trade for c£30 i seem to remember for a half panel. What you need is a flat foam cored UPVC panel, i am guessing 28mm, but you will need to check as there are multiple thicknesses.

There will probably be a removable bead and the panel is probably held in with double sided tape.

Have a chat to a double glazing firm and they should be able to measure it up and get one cut to size and fitted.

no idea who these people are but

http://gu3supplies.co.uk/upvc-doors-and-panels/flat-half-conservatory-panels/flat-panels.html

it is what your after

dewydd
    Free Member

as mrmo said. probably need a 28mm thick flat pvc panel that can have a hole cut for the cat flap. Could also use a double glazed unit with a holed formed.

bearnecessities

Mrmo, that’s fappin’ great – thank you 😀

burt
    Free Member

shoudnt cost more than £75-£100 fitted i wouldnt of thought. if that. our door panel cost £225 all in fitted. and he is going to refit the old one if needed for the cost of fuel and a bacon butty 🙂

Milt
    Free Member

had 2 of these done, one in glass & one in exterior upvc. Can’t remember how much. used this company. have the old panels in the loft to re fit if necessary.

http://wefitforyou.com/cat-flap-installations

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

On the cat flap front, can I recommend the PetPorte. It uses the microchip in your cat’s neck to identify the cat and only lets your cats into the house. It’s about £100 but the damage a Tom cat can do to the house can cost more than that to put right. I learned this the hard way 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Exterior Doors (Catflap)’ is closed to new replies.