Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Exposure white eye and piggyback – will it work?
  • matthewlhome
    Free Member

Has anyone got the exposure white eye and plugged it into a piggyback battery?

Just wondering if it would work as i can then have 2 separate lights to run at enduro events etc and charge one whilst using t’other.

CrombieCraig
    Free Member

Wondered about that one myself, cheap joystick variant if it did!

CustardCream

Probably.

I have a Red Eye rear light that I run exclusively from a piggy pack cell. I tucked the cell in the seat tube and leave it there all the time, even for charging. The lead comes up through the seatpost and out under the saddle. Cell is well insulated though.

Used it for 2 months, no problems at all.
    Can only assume a White Eye would work the same.

timbur
    Free Member

It’s not designed to but probably will. My mrs runs the same set up as Custard Cream without bother. I did check first though and the party line was something about no regulator on the power between the two but it SHOULD be OK.

mrchrispy

CustardCream – I was wondering if this was possible, good to know it works
    the battery in the seat tube is mad genius !

matthewlhome
    Free Member

thanks for your help. looks like i may be adding a piggyback to the christmas list!

edpd1b
    Free Member

matthewlhome – have you tried this yet? did it work? how long does the light last?

cheers

oxnop
    Free Member

Yes it works. Imagine you get 3 hours out of it (same as joystick as both are single cell) – I just plugged in for a min.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Exposure white eye and piggyback – will it work?’ is closed to new replies.