Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Exposure handlebar mount fix?
  • BigEls
    Free Member

I know they are only 20 quid but has anyone repaired the handlebar mount as my mild steel roll pin has rusted and broken.

This is the only thing wrong. I know it would be a pig to drill as the steel is harder than the aluminium – anyone fixed their light with a small pin etc?

sorry for being tight in advance…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

will it punch out?

pictonroad

phone them up and speak very nicely about how splendid they are, they’ll stick a couple of pins in the post for you, you should be able to drive out the old with new I’d have thought?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I fixed a mates by hammered out the old pin (can’t remember what I used as a press) and replacing with suitable size cotter pin with the ends bent up. It was only meant to be a temporary fix but that was around 2 years ago and it’s still going strong.

BigEls
    Free Member

The problem is that it’s from the very first bracket and it’s rusted in like a good ‘un. I’ll try a punch or small pillar drill. I think the punch maybe better to shock the rust when hit.

Thanks peeps x

andysredmini
    Free Member

Soak it in wd40 or similar over night before you try it.

hoops

I did this repair only the other week. The kind chaps at USE sent me a couple of replacement pins FOC after calling them.
    I used a vice and tiny drill bit to push the broken pin pieces out and the replacement in.
    Fiddly – but fairly straight forward.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exposure handlebar mount fix?’ is closed to new replies.