Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • exmoor routes
  • rtc3000m
    Free Member

Hi all i’m off to sommerset for my hols next week and going to do a little riding anyone got any routes for exmoor they could send me?? I want a all day ride maybe 6-8 hours

Thanks

Rich

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Welcome to Zumerzet. I don’t have any recorded routes – snaps is your man for that. When I get the chance to go, I just take an OS map to get a rough idea and then follow my nose. I’m inevitably drawn to the Minehead, Polock, Horner, Dunkery area. The place stuffed with quality trails. Don’t get too ambitious with distances as some of the climbs are bordering on evil.

trailmonkey

I want a all day ride maybe 6-8 hours

That should afford you enough time for one never ending Exmoor climb and one descent 😉

Do yourself a favour, if you’ve only got one day to ride go to the Quantocks, I’m sure you’ll get a guide from here if you ask nicely.

rtc3000m
    Free Member

Thanks I already have a route sorted for the quantocks . I was planning on riding somewhere else for my second day and thought exmoor would be good but 8 hours would be tops

trailmonkey

ime, buzz’s suggestion of porlock, horner, hawecombe, dunkery offers the better riding that i’ve done on exmoor. i’m sure a little googling might throw up some suggested routes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘exmoor routes’ is closed to new replies.