Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Ewan McGregor and Piers Morgan
  • samunkim
    Free Member

To be fair, his vocal opposition to gun ownership, pretty much lost him the $$$$ American gig. So some principles

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

Choose BBC Breakfast…

flange
    Free Member

This…this is something else. Surely the headline alone isn’t allowed?

WTF? Obviously a DailyMail headline..

gobuchul
    Free Member

Surely the headline alone isn’t allowed?

It’s the Daily Wail.

However, Roman Polanski is a convicted pedophile and McGregor did say “he’s an old man who I’m incredibly fond of”. So it could be true he loves a pedophile.

km79
    Free Member

Roman Polanski is a convicted pedophile

Given the victim was 13 years old then he was more likely a hebephile.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

So it could be true he loves a pedophile.

Oh. Is he a Mountain Biker?

cchris2lou

Morgan going all out on Twitter.
    That is going to be entertaining.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Given the victim was 13 years old then he was more likely a hebephile.

You’re right.

I have pointed out the misuse of the term on here before. I was just using it as the word as it is used today.

However, from wiki,

criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.

kerley
    Free Member

To be fair, his vocal opposition to gun ownership, pretty much lost him the $$$$ American gig. So some principles

That was self protection – trying to lower the chances of someone shooting him

GrahamS

However, Roman Polanski is a convicted pedophile and McGregor did say “he’s an old man who I’m incredibly fond of”. So it could be true he loves a pedophile.

Donald Trump once said of (billionaire paedophile/hebephile) Jeffrey Epstein:

“I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”

Oddly I didn’t see the Daily Mail queuing up to publish that.

Though they did recently criticise Bill Clinton’s relationship with Epstein.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3825882/The-cozy-relationship-billionaire-Jeffrey-Epstein-Bill-Clinton-flew-pedophile-s-private-jet-praised-insights-generosity-detailed-new-book-James-Patterson.html

It’s almost like they have some kind of agenda there.

akira

You can email them at gmb@itv.com if you like, I’ve requested they get rid of him.

chakaping
    Free Member

Morgan did an interview on Radio 4’s The Media Show recently and was very engaging and surprisingly self-aware.

Which makes him even more of a copper-bottomed **** in my book.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

and this is always worth watching

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

So at what point do you decide that you dislike somebody’s views so much that you won’t go on a chat show hosted by them ? I would have thought that it was an excellent opportunity for McGregor to engage with Piers Morgan and try to get his point across . That would be more interesting than the squillions of interviews where people are just fed easy opportunities for self promotion .

rs
    Free Member

So at what point do you decide that you dislike somebody’s views so much that you won’t go on a chat show hosted by them ? I would have thought that it was an excellent opportunity for McGregor to engage with Piers Morgan and try to get his point across . That would be more interesting than the squillions of interviews where people are just fed easy opportunities for self promotion .

Why engage with him? To prove you can debate with a ****? Morgan is a dick of the highest order! I wouldn’t give him the time of day either.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So at what point do you decide that you dislike somebody’s views so much that you won’t go on a chat show hosted by them ?

I quite happily debate things with people who’s views differ from my own. Plenty of coleagues and friends with right of center viewpoints (im a lefty).

None of them are obnoxious asshats who’s reaponse to being empty chaired for those reasons is to go off on an ad homien rant on twitter.

If enough celebs did this he’d be fired as there’d be no show.

And yes, that second paragaph is hypocrisy.

GrahamS

I would have thought that it was an excellent opportunity for McGregor to engage with Piers Morgan and try to get his point across

Because two men arguing about women’s right to protest is exactly the kind of thing that women protest about!

edhornby

I’m going to side with Ewan on this, he’s decided to avoid a bigot who refuses to entertain any form of challenge or change his mind, so why bother? Life is too short to waste time on piers Morgan, a man who permanently breaks ctbm s golden rule

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m not a huge fan of either of these media junkies, yet I side with Ewan since the mans seems to have grown a pair of man ballz.

Northwind

That Mail story is proper /nottheonion territory.

flanagaj
    Free Member

I’d hope more people feel the best thing for Piers Morgan is to ignore him.

Love the guy. Speaks his mind. Think hit tweet was totally valid and I for one would pat him on the back. Feminist b!llocks drives me up the friggin wall.

crankboy
    Free Member

“Feminist b!llocks drives me up the friggin wall.”
    What do you define as Feminist b!llocks?

bikebouy
    Free Member

And.
    We’re..

Awf…

🙄

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What do you define as Feminist b!llocks?

I think he has deep concerns that the washing up mountain may have grown around the world that day and many millions of men will have returned from being manly all to to find no dinner, beer and bj waiting for them.

Love the guy. Speaks his mind.

Wonder what he would speak about when pushed on his phone hacking?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Love the guy. Speaks his mind.

Why is this seen as such a great virtue? After all it’s what just about all of us do, isn’t?

I mean, what is the alternative? Who doesn’t speak their mind? And why does it seem even more admirable when the person in question is saying hateful things?

flanagaj
    Free Member

I think he has deep concerns that the washing up mountain may have grown around the world that day and many millions of men will have returned from being manly all to to find no dinner, beer and bj waiting for them.

Bloody hell, good guess. Sadly no BJ though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

CountZero

Call me cynical, but I can’t help thinking this is all rather carefully orchestrated to appeal to the 40-somethings who enjoyed Trainspotting in there youth, but are now fully-grown, liberal-minded, Morgan-hating members of society.

Never seen Trainspotting, have no desire to, but I’m a 60-something who’s well aware of what exactly that vile, self-promoting, self-serving creep got up to while he was editor of a newsrag fit only for lining a cat litter tray, he’s a loathsome little shit, who should never be allowed access to TV or other media ever again.
    There, that ‘liberal-minded’ enough for you? 🙄

Love the guy. Speaks his mind. Think hit tweet was totally valid and I for one would pat him on the back. Feminist b!llocks drives me up the friggin wall.

All man, aren’t you! Still, I’m sure the little woman knows her place.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Aren’t breasts not feminine b*llocks 🙂

flanagaj
    Free Member

All man, aren’t you! Still, I’m sure the little woman knows her place.

Actually, my wife was the one who told me about the story and how petty McGregor was. Keen to understand your strong passion on this subject and your angry comment. Are you a male feminist who attends the marches?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Are you a male feminist who attends the marches?

lol

Actually, my wife was the one who told me about the story and how petty McGregor was.

As I said previously, Morgan is the sort of person who should really be starved of the publicity, he would just end as the sort of irrelevance he should be in life. Following his serious cock ups and his ego
    Fake Photo’s
    Phone Hacking
    Over inflated ego
    He is of course free to have his opinions but it would be nice if he just shouted them into an empty room.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Biscuits required.

[sarcasm] Or maybe my good lady might bake a nice cake [/sarcasm]

convert

Would have been classier for EM to just not do the show once he realised who the host was and not feel the need to tweet about it. Treat the public with some intelligence and draw their own opinion about why he was a no show and just tell the show’s management why you made the decision. Persuade your celeb friends to do the same until his role is seen as a hindrance not a positive.

But celebs refusing to do their contractual PR work because they find the vessel (Morgan in this case) odious seems pretty reasonable to me. McGregor’s USP is his relaxed bon ami persona and doing that with someone you think is a bellend is not going to happen. Similarly taking on someone like Morgan with intransigent views is not a debate just a slanging match.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Similarly taking on someone like Morgan with intransigent views is not a debate just a slanging match.

It would take a lot of restraint to stop at a slanging match 😉

mrmoofo

It’s just a luuvie spat … nothing more. Both took an opportunity to promote their agendas. It’s not like Trainspoting 2 needs any more promotion … is it.

There is something odd about the two faced approach of the acting industry to Polanski. He drugged a 13 year old and then anally raped her … and he was late 40s , she was 13.
    It is straight child abuse … and well documented.
    Whoopi Goldberg famously said it wasn’t “rape rape” – because the girls mum had let her go to Polanski’s house !!
    So Polanski is a nice guy … so what. He is a child abuser … Ewan might want to re-examine his motels re his Unicef position.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Flanagaj, clever move! Trying to get people to engage with you in a thread where people are supporting the idea of not engaging with dicks.

Inspired STW style.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There is something odd about the two faced approach of the acting industry to Polanski. He drugged a 13 year old and then anally raped her … and he was late 40s , she was 13.
    It is straight child abuse … and well documented.
    Whoopi Goldberg famously said it wasn’t “rape rape” – because the girls mum had let her go to Polanski’s house !!
    So Polanski is a nice guy … so what. He is a child abuser … Ewan might want to re-examine his motels re his Unicef position.

Lets not let the facts get in the way of “Ewan condones bum rape of 13 year old girls” hysteria.

His response to a question in an interview was (paraphrased) ‘What, Roman’s a rapist? But he always seemed like such a nice guy. His poor kids and family’.

Not, ‘Phwoaarrrrr, 13year old ass, who wouldn’t, good on him’.

[video]http://youtu.be/ofN_GUl3oSM[/video]

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I see some of the usual twaddle has surfaced :/

Morgan is an odious little sphincter who’s claims to fame ought to be his courtroom convictions.

The Headline he’s using in the Mail “PIERS MORGAN: Memo to anyone who voted for Trump or Brexit – pedophile-loving hypocrite Ewan McGregor holds you in utter contempt. So why on earth would you want to see any of his movies ever again?” shows what a petty and unpleasant goit he is and also further illustrates the enboldenment of the alt-right [not-right] news corporations…. STW is ahead of the curve on this, the DailyHeil is hate speech and nothing more.

mrmoofo

I don’t think for a moment that Ewan is pro child abuse and haven’t suggested such.
    My point was that the acting profession seems to have a slightly skewed view of their own.
    TBH , yesterdays spat was just handbags … neither came out of it well.

Luuvies and artists preaching to the masses is fine … as long as they accept the backlash. Being in trainspotting doesn’t mean your view on the EU or Trump is more important than anyone else.

Morgan is a dick, who does things for effect. He also has a huge need to be talked about all the time. It is odd when you think the masses would see through this that God Morning’s figure have gone up…
    It is surprising he has never been held accountable fro phone hacking … but Rebekkah Brooks got of scot free …

flanagaj
    Free Member

What have I missed. Been busy giving one of my direct reports a grilling for not wearing her mini skirt and high heels to the office.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Ewan McGregor and Piers Morgan’ is closed to new replies.