• This topic has 47 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by hora.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • EVIL the following
  • singlespeedstu

You had almost been verging on non confrontational

I can’t help confronting all the BS.
    I’ve tried really hard but it’s all got too much. 😆
    It’d sound great if I’d not seen you ride…

I think he’s referring to earlier in this thread where I was offering a demo ride

And there was me referring to the thread where someone was having loads of trouble with a warranty claim and you went all quite…
    I’m sure you’ll have a 700 word speach about it now though. Shame you had no usefull advice at the time.

discapade
    Free Member

I got a warranty replacement after a lot of hard work and threats. Basically my rear wheel kept hitting the seatube. The rear wheel is carbon. I ran a 2.4 ardent out back as it said on Evils site it will take a 2.4. Evil said it was too aggressive after I claimed. They said I was riding the bike to aggressively, even tho Strobel rags the shit out of it in the Marketing vids. They did send me a new shock first which didn’t help. In the end I got a new frame and decided to keep it and am running the same set up with no problems. Evil Europe and US came across as arrogant and unhelpful, Silverfish sorted it all out. I love the new frame and don’t regret keeping it one bit…I just hope I don’t have any problems with it…

fd3chris
    Free Member

That’s the most honest opinion of these bikes that I’ve ever read.

cokie

SSS, what’s wrong? You always seem to have a dig at Mboy?!
    I know a few people running these without issues all year round, including a couple members here. I do worry about the stories you hear,but if you have a good Lbs relationship that should solve any anxieties.

mboy
    Free Member

And there was me referring to the thread where someone was having loads of trouble with a warranty claim and you went all quite…

I went on holiday to be fair… Saw the post again once it had all been sorted out.

I’m sure you’ll have a 700 word speach about it now though. Shame you had no usefull advice at the time.

I would have advised to do what the owner did… Chase up with his LBS and Silverfish. I am but one dealer of many, had he bought the bike from me I’d have been bending over backward to help, but (quite rightly so IMO) he bought from his LBS.

I can’t help confronting all the BS.
    I’ve tried really hard but it’s all got too much.

Go on, what have I supposedly said this time? I’m all ears…

It’d sound great if I’d not seen you ride…

You see, this is the thing… The one who shouts loudest on the internet usually gets their 5 minutes of fame. But anybody with a memory longer than a goldfish’s will either ignore you or call you out on your claims and delusions of grandeur. The last time you attempted to start a bun fight with me on a thread about Evil’s, 4 people emailed me thanking me for being helpful and informative on the thread and congratulated me on not rising to your trolling. 2 of those actually ended up buying a frame!

So please… Carry on… December has been a little quiet in the shop compared to November, a couple of Evil’s through the til before the new year would really see out the year in style! Besides it’s not like you’re busy winning races right now with it being off season and all…

singlespeedstu

A little shy of 700 words this time…
    Do you pay for these adds.
    Maybe you should.

snooze
    Free Member

Personally the key issue I have with Evil isn’t so much reliability/warrantee, it’s their UK pricing. Every time they release a new model the UK price goes up a couple of hundred pounds. For example, the recently announced Calling looks/sounds great and probably everything I’d want from a trail bike……,but I for one won’t be buying one, because of the poor value in the UK. The frame is $2900 in the US, but being advertised at £3200 ($4000) here in the UK.

To put this in perspective, it’s nearly £1000 more than my Following frame which I bought 18 months ago (which is a great bike, I’m a complete Evil convert) and only £150 less than I paid three months ago in Canyon’s end of year sale for a 2016 Strive CF Race 9.0 complete with a Fox 36 Factory, Next SL/SRAM XO1 drive train, DT Swiss EX1501 wheelset etc, etc.

Also it appears that this is not solely down to exchange rates/BREXIT as the difference between US and UK pricing doesn’t seem to be as great with equivalent brands e.g. Santa Cruz, which anecdotally have better reliability histories and better warrantees. So it seems to come down to pricing policy and/or length of supply chain. The reason I mention supply chain is because in the US Evil seem to be selling some of their bikes direct, whereas the UK bikes seem to come via an Evil European Distributor in Spain, a UK Distributor and an LBS. Presumably all of these links in the supply chain have overheads and are looking to take profit, further inflating the UK prices?

hora
    Free Member

I must admit there seems to be alot of do’s and don’ts around this frame. As much that I think there’s some design flaws. Sorry. If I had one and if failed I’d be seeking a refund. This is from someone who sent eyes wide open into a brand new Commencal purchase.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘EVIL the following’ is closed to new replies.