• This topic has 98 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Evil Insurgent
  • mattjg
    Free Member

Anyway… Someone posted some pics of a nice new bike 2 and a bit pages ago…

Can’t wait to have a go on one myself! If it’s remotely as good as my Following has been, it’ll sell very well indeed, and piss off a lot of Evil haters and Bronson owners alike!

That’s more like it, back on track! Down with negativity and that sort of thing.

generallevi
    Free Member

I’m not sure we have the correct understanding of bike warranties. I know I didn’t before I read this;
    http://cyclingtips.com.au/2011/08/bicycle-warranty-basics/

The situation that Wrecker mentions above is the situation that I am in since the bike was bought in mainland Europe. Here is an extract of what I was sent from my shop:

‘We are only a reseller, Luismi is the importer for Evil Europe and therefor legally responsible for this’.

That’s it from me guys. You pay your money you take your chances. The Evil Uprising is the best bike I have ever ridden, however Evil as a company have abandoned myself and others.

If you buy an Evil and it holds up you will have a belter. If it breaks, best of luck.

Signing off,

All the best,

Lee.

wrecker
    Free Member

Can’t wait to have a go on one myself! If it’s remotely as good as my Following has been, it’ll sell very well indeed, and piss off a lot of Evil haters and Bronson owners alike!

WOW someone got butthurt!
    A bit uncalled for though, it seems it’s unanimous that this bike looks fantastic and most will likely ride absolutely brilliantly as I’m sure the following does. I want one. I make no bones about it. I’m just upset that this thing has been made by a company with such crap support. I am currently experiencing poor warranty support (from santa cruz of all brands….) and I don’t want to go through being without a bike for >2 months again, let alone for ever!
    The facts remain that there is very recent evidence of poor support from evil. Your experience of the brand at present is very positive as your (very, very nice BTW) bike hasn’t had an issue. I wonder what your attitude to the brand would be if you get the poor treatment that Lee and his friend have got?
    I don’t think that there are evil haters though. You can’t really hate a bike can you?

mboy
    Free Member

The facts remain that there is very recent evidence of poor support from evil. Your experience of the brand at present is very positive as your (very, very nice BTW) bike hasn’t had an issue yet. I wonder what your attitude to the brand would be if you get the poor treatment that Lee and his friend have got?

Sitting on the fence still to be quite honest. If I’d personally received the kind of support that there is evidence some customers have, then you’re right, my opinion would be very different…

But then there isn’t a company in the world that someone hasn’t had a bad experience of! If we all acted on other people’s negative opinions all of the time, none of us would ever leave our house, much less ride a bike!

Life is a series of calculated risks (and I’ve taken some, trust me, including becoming an Evil Re-Seller!), but we’re all free to make our own decisions.

You probably don’t need to look too far to see evidence of a product in many people’s day to day lives, from a company that not even two decades ago was on the verge of bankruptcy with thousands of irate customers who’d spent loads of money on their products of which many failed and there was little or no backup for… These days, Apple is the worlds most profitable company, and a significant proportion of the general population own something made by Apple!

Companies can turn around… Fingers crossed but Evil seems to be making some of the right noises at the moment at least…

mboy
    Free Member

A bit uncalled for though, it seems it’s unanimous that this bike looks fantastic and most will likely ride absolutely brilliantly as I’m sure the following does. I want one. I make no bones about it. I’m just upset that this thing has been made by a company with such crap support. I am currently experiencing poor warranty support (from santa cruz of all brands….) and I don’t want to go through being without a bike for >2 months again, let alone for ever!

Sorry, my personal experience of Santa Cruz owners recently has probably tainted my view on the brand somewhat, but round where I ride a lot it’s definitely the “sheep” brand of the moment, and they’re all too quick to diss my Evil when they see it! My apologies, wasn’t meant as a personal dig.

Oh, and the looks are very subjective. I quite like it, plenty of people don’t. It’s definitely a form follows function kind of design rather than the other way round…

Sorry to hear about your issues with your bike, hope you get it sorted ASAP.

wrecker
    Free Member

Cheers buddy. Glad your enjoying your bike.
    Santa Cruz can be seen a bit “audi”in some areas, not here in good old brizzle, I can assure you!

they’re all too quick to diss my Evil when they see it

Bad do’s mate, you don’t slag peoples bikes full stop. Swing at the ****ers 😀

honourablegeorge

mboy – Member
    Anyway… Someone posted some pics of a nice new bike 2 and a bit pages ago…

You seem to have the impression that people dislike Evil bikes – I don’t think that’s remotely the case. But they’ve got history of making sub standard bikes, and leaving customers high and dry – which judging form the experience of some on here, they haven’t learned from.

Personally, I’d love the Insurgent s my next bike, and I’d have a Following in the shed if I had the cash for two – but I couldn’t trust either. Your suggestion that it’s a niche product, so customers can’t expect it to be reliable or have the warranty honoured is bollocks. Those are minimums that you expect, not extras.

roverpig

Bad do’s mate, you don’t slag peoples bikes full stop.

Can we make that the forum motto 🙂

Dilwyn
    Free Member

@Generallevi, Carbon can be threaded straight into. If all that’s wrong with your frame is the threads, it could also potentially be repaired.
    You’d have to find a keensert for the thread you need and drill and tap the frame for the keensert.

mboy
    Free Member

You seem to have the impression that people dislike Evil bikes – I don’t think that’s remotely the case.

I sell them… Trust me, they’re Marmite!

Though I suspect as much of that is cos the Following is a 29er, and general opinion on 29ers is still that they’re the Devil’s work…

mattjg
    Free Member

I think that that Insurgent is going to sell like hot cakes. I’m really trying (but failing) to think of a reason to buy one myself.

wrecker
    Free Member

I sell them…

Fancy guaranteeing the warranty if I buy an Insurgent off you?
    Serious question, serious buyer.

mboy
    Free Member

Fancy guaranteeing the warranty if I buy an Insurgent off you?
    Serious question, serious buyer.

Only just seen this post, my apologies.

Of course… As a dealer I have to put my money where my mouth is and backup the products we sell… Looking at your profile I’m probably/possibly the closest Evil dealer to you anyway.

catvet
    Free Member

And of course there is a new Turner RFX, with customer service, allegedly second to none………..!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

And of course there is a new Turner RFX, with customer service, allegedly second to none………..!

Though same distributor in this country, so in theory the level of service will be comparable.

teeoffchris
    Free Member

Mboy Where abouts are you ? I would be interested in having a look if you get them in? Bit of a punt on the money side but I like your attitude that you can resolve any issues one way or the other. (fair and reasonable)

wrecker
    Free Member

What’s the UK RRP on these?

mboy
    Free Member

Droitwich, Worcestershire.

No word on the UK RRP yet but it’s $2800 in the U.S. and €3200 in Europe I understand… Based on that I’d expect something like £2500 in the UK (Following is £2300 here based on $2600 in the U.S.)…

As for availability, well I’m hoping they’re going to be a little more forthcoming than the initial batch of Followings were! That said, if I’ve ever owned a bike that was worth the wait, it was my Evil Following…

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘Evil Insurgent’ is closed to new replies.