Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Ever….
  • tthew

Well it’s Friday, couldn’t you chuck a sickie, then at least you get a longer weekend? That might help a bit.

philconsequence
    Free Member

yeti’s up in skotlandshire riding with a couple of people i believe 🙂

willard

Nearly did at my last job. My immediate boss was a bully and the only person in the world I will refer to with the “C word”. When I applied for another role inside the company, but outside his team, he gave me a serious, soul destroying rant that basically ruined me, ending with “I could have helped you, but now, what chance do you think you have of getting that job now?”.

He was right… I went to HR after that “talk” and told them I couldn’t do the interview. To her credit, the HR woman saw I was in a state, but couldn’t really do anything about it. Unfortunately, my work ethic is too strong to take a sickie (never taken one, ever) and I kept turning up, but I did leave soon after. The shit got sacked a couple of months later. Good riddance.

emma82
    Free Member

Willard that’s horrible 🙁

Well, I survived the day. The only thing that cheered me through to 330 when I finally decided to head off was the fact that I decided not to go back on Monday. I expect I will but feeling of perhaps, maybe not going back just made me feel much better 🙂

I’m to sensible to run away really, crying in the loos is definitely the way to go!

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I had a Summer job a few years ago that was incredibly stressful. My role basically involved too much work for one person to do in too short a space of time. To make matters worse, I had to work alongside a bullying cow (who had a track record of bullying the previous girls in my role) and I hadn’t the nerve to say anything (I was 18, my mum worked for the same company, it was a summer job so I didn’t have to be there for too long)
    Result was crying two or three times a day and ended up hating half the people who worked there. Learned valuable lessons but not an experience I would want to repeat in a permanent job

geminafantasy
    Free Member

Sounds like you’re right on the edge of quitting, if you want some encouragement watch Office Space or Fight Club and you’ll not go back 😀

I’m sure you wouldn’t regret it – life is too short to hate 5 out of every 7 days of it

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I remember a chap a school who in an exam, climbed onto his desk and declared that he was an orange and that oranges don’t do exams . He then just walked out

Yes, apparently that’s far more common than you would expect

resisted
    Free Member

I started a thread on my work situation end of last week, I like my job and what I do, I like the people I work WITH, but the people I work FOR make my working life impossible to cope with. I’m literally just waiting for the right time to pack all my stuff into a bag and walk away, will be some point this week I think, just waiting to get paid and my expenses re-imbursed (which is late again!) and then it’s adios, possibly with a call to the HMRC to grass them up thrown in for good measure, BOOM! been sitting here with a grin on my face all day knowing that I could just walk out at any second and bring the whole corrupt operation down around them and there is sweet FA to be done about it.

I feel everyone’s pain. It was a horrible situation to be in until the point where I just stopped giving a shit and focused on being a vindictive little turd, suddenly work became fun again!

Fraz
    Free Member

I kind of did it years ago. Last three months before I knew I was going to loose my sanity.. Best thing I did and now im the job ive always wanted to do and love it!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I just stopped giving a shit and focused on being a vindictive little turd, suddenly work STW became fun again

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Ever….’ is closed to new replies.