Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)
  • Ever owned a certain bike, then sold it, then bought another??
  • ton

because
    A. your a numpty
    B. it was ace
    C. why the **** not……………….and you never rode it proper like it should be.

Coyote
    Free Member

Had a Kona Stinky, sold it and regretted it. Yes I was a numpty. Yes it was ace. Yes it was more bike than I could ever use.

But I liked it and if I get the chance to get another I will! 😥

sv

Plain old Inbred and 'B.' it just did. Probably more in my head but it felt fun.

druidh
    Free Member

I guess that once you've owned every bike once, you have to start all over again, otherwise folk on the internet might lose interest in you.

bent_udder
    Free Member

Mountain Cycles San Andreas, and B.

Should never really have sold the first one, to be honest.

nuke

Ever owned a certain bike, then sold it, then bought another?

So what bike/frame was it?

alexonabike

Inbred here too – had the first gen DN6 SS and loved it. sold it to a mates gf for £150 whole bike in good nick. Then bought a 456 but it never instilled me with the same feeling as the original.

Just got one of the new breed inbred's and will take it out for its maiden in the morning. Fingers crossed it lives up to expectations.

So yes, 'B'.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You know Tony, this is starting to look like obsessive/compulsive disorder 🙁

ton

druidh – Member
    I guess that once you've owned every bike once, you have to start all over again, otherwise folk on the internet might lose interest in you.

druidh, why the nastiness mate
    i have never been off with you……….??

the question was a serious one by the way…
    thinking of buying a cove stiffee for my one bike.

sc-xc

Get a Stiffee 69 😉

oldgit
    Free Member

Had a Sugar.
    Sold it.
    Then realised what a good bike it would have been with modern kit, never found another to buy.

ton

Barry Bethel – Member
    Get a Stiffee 69

i had one mate, a beauty too, god knows why i let it go.

simon, i think you may be correct, and i hate to agree with you…… 😉

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He's not being nasty Ton, he's being sarcastic, justifiably so.

twohats
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

You know Tony, this is starting to look like obsessive/compulsive disorder

You forgot to add boring too.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

You forgot to add boring too.

I'm not bored, but it seems to me symptomatic of some kind of malaise that cannot be addressed by bike swapping…

GJP
    Free Member

A. B and C. Sold me beloved 2007 Kona Kula, when I bought my Whyte 19 Carbon, as money was a bit tight, only to buy another 2008 Kula frame a few months later to start a winter build!

ton

i **** hate jelous bastard5…………….. 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

Inbred for me too. Had one then sold the frame when I got a Cotic Soul. Eventually bought another one 'cause they're cheap & useful. Replaced the 2nd one with one of the slot dropout ones, which I've still got.

Fozlett

Flogged a lovely black anodised heckler to fund a new bike – still miss it to this day! (So A and B!!)

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

only one I regret was an airbourne lancaster Ti…….. rest were just fodder

nbt

*tannoy*
    Hora to the forum please, Hora to the forum
    *end tannoy*

Yes, an inbred, I upgraded to a soul, wasn;t the right bike for me, much preferred the inbred and went back

ton

jules, you bad man…….. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

KINGTUT – Member

He's not being nasty Ton, he's being sarcastic, justifiably so.

sarcasm on here is generally funny though, it was nasty, but then who'd expect anything else from druidh given his track record?*

*sarcasm or…?

i tried to buy back a frame i once sold, but in hindsight it was better to not have it back, currently dithering over selling 2 frames

Coyote
    Free Member

Rocketdog, I've thought of getting in touch with the guy I ebayed my Stinky to and making an offer.

househusband

Think I'll be getting a(nother) Soul soon… had one several years ago; never actually sold it as it broke/failed and I got a BFe as warranty replacement – in retrospect I don't think I've ever been as happy with a frame as I was with the Soul!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yep, I miss the summer season I bought off Ton, i put Revs on it and it was ace but then over-biked it and Pike'd it up and then sold it.

bad mistake, it was ace before it was Pike'd with Revs.

I miss those Revs and that frame.

gamo
    Free Member

Cove hustler and on one inbred, and ton you do seem to have
    bike ownership issues!!

0pt1cal
    Free Member

Christ I go through that many…but the Intense SS, Santa Cruz 4X and Cove Stiffee are all frames that were amazing to ride, got hammered and should have kept!

ton

gamo, i agree mate……..
    i am trying to find one what i am happy with, then i hope to stick with it.

can't understand why it is a problem with some people tho…….
    mountainbike forum to ask q's about mountainbikes??????????

sturmey
    Free Member

Just bought A Marin Pine Mountain back after a 7+ year gap and 2 extra owners, same tyres and condition and middleburn cranks all for £40 It's for commuting and better than my tufftrax.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ermmmm . . . Kona Stinky/Coiler x3, Kona Roast x3 (+ 1 Chute and 1 Scrap), Kona Cowan DS x2, Inbred x2, DMR Sidekick x2, Orange Clockwork/C16 x2, Kona Scab x3, Intense Tazer x2 and I've just built up my second S&M Dirtbike . . . this is getting expensive 😳

Reckon it's all about the build though. I just love speccing new bikes and comparing how they ride though it does get a bit expensive with full-sus (reckon I may stick to building/rebuilding bmx and tiny dirt bikes from now on) . . . I've lost (if you wanna call it that) £100s over the past couple of years swapping frames and forks but I look upon it as money spent on a hobby which I enjoy (I don't do shoes and handbags 😉 ) so why not?

ton

mama d, i was waiting for you to come along……….i luv's ya…. 8)

rs
    Free Member

can't understand why it is a problem with some people tho…….
    mountainbike forum to ask q's about mountainbikes??????????

its fine to a point ton but every other post is about looking for that one bike. You'll buy the bike you had before then swap it a month later.

ton

rs……..and??

grantway
    Free Member

Yes couldnt find a better bike so Had My 5 AM resprayed
    Apple Green So better bike(same)£ 170.00p Sweet.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Hi fives Ton

KINGTUT
    Free Member

rs……..and??

We are bored of it Ton, really bored.

philsimm
    Free Member

its fine to a point ton but every other post is about looking for that one bike. You'll buy the bike you had before then swap it a month later.

If that's what he's into then fair do's – iv'e met fellas that are into swapping expnsive hifi systems every 2 m0nths at mega cost to get that "right" sound which sounds more rdiculous than swapping bike frames every now and again. Horses for courses i say (but i am p*ssed)! 😛

ton

kingtut………..well don't read it then………..easy innit..

schmiken

Spesh Epic – was given one to race on in Norway, had to give it back and now I've found exactly the same! I'm even getting sprayed in my old team colours too…….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘Ever owned a certain bike, then sold it, then bought another??’ is closed to new replies.